Project and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to manage the Assuring Quality in Higher Education in Sierra Leone (AQHEd-SL) project, a Partnership funded by the DFID Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education, Innovation and Reform (SPHEIR) programme.
The Project and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager will be embedded within a Project Coordinating Unit (PCU) with colleagues from the AQHEd-SL Partnership based in Freetown, Sierra Leone. They will jointly manage this project with a Project Director from the University of Sierra Leone. They will work collaboratively with partners to oversee the delivery of the project and its monitoring, evaluation and learning objectives, ensuring that milestones of the project are met and activities are on target.
They are expected to spend 50% of their time on project management and 50% on monitoring, evaluation and learning. Both elements will involve capacity strengthening for the consortium, through formal training and informal support. They will work closely with the King’s Global Health Partnerships grant management teams in Freetown and London to manage relationships with the fund manager, and to oversee the finances and reporting of the project.
• Work in collaboration with Sierra Leone partners with regards to all aspects of the AQHEd-SL project, managing the implementation of the project to ensure that its strategic goals are achieved in accordance with SPHEIR objectives
• Day-to-day management of the AQHEd-SL project, including smooth management of workplans, and relationship management to ensure that project objectives are met. This will include developing and maintaining tracking project management tools
• Responsible for King’s reporting of activity & milestones, MEL and others; support the PCU with all reporting aspects as needed
• Support and capacity building all Sierra Leone partners with their project management and MEL systems, including developing tools and providing training and mentorship
• Manage relationships alongside partners within the partnership; build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, donors, partner NGOs and partner academic institutions
• Responsible for developing and updating monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems in line with project needs and donor expectations
• Provide technical support to ensure that MEL systems are effectively implemented by team members across project partners, and lead MEL capacity building
• Work with partners to develop systems for learning to support an adaptive management approach to the project, facilitate the dissemination of learning through effectively communicating with partners, donors and other associate organisations
• Work with other PCU members to support the Project Management Board
• Responsible for the management of the risk register, including assessment and mitigation of risk
• Travel to visit the London office at least twice a year
For more information and to apply for this role please click here