Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Summary: Works closely with Global Procurement Manager for procurements handled through the US office. Exercises considerable judgment in making purchasing decisions in accordance with USAID and Pathfinder International policies and regulations. Assists Pathfinder country-specific procurement and tender committees in accordance with existing Pathfinder and donor procurement policies.
Key Job Outcomes:
* Supplies and Equipment Tracking and Delivery: Ensures timely tracking of all supplies and equipment sent to the relevant managers. Ensures timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified locations and proactively liaises with relevant managers to clarify relevant specifications.
* Procurement of Goods and Services: Purchases goods and services, analyzes purchase requisitions for accuracy; Solicits and negotiates competitive pricing from vendors and makes recommendations for issuance of purchase orders. Reviews existing office supply contracts and coordinates the bid process in accordance with Pathfinder International procurement rules and best practices. Prepares and follows up payment requests for goods and services in a timely manner in accordance with existing Pathfinder policies and guidelines.
* Evaluations and Contracting for IT equipment and consultancies: Drafts bid evaluation for IT equipment. Reviews consultant evaluation score cards, reviews draft Independent Contractor Agreements, and negotiates pricing in consultation with Global Procurement Manager.
* Vendor Database Management: Maintains a database of vendors. Investigates and resolves complex problems associated with outside vendor documentation to process purchase orders, waivers, payments.
* Reports: Prepares and submits procurement reports in agreed format and timeframe
* Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates in cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-specific Competencies:
* Purchase of Commodities: Foundational knowledge of the purchase of commodities, computer hardware and software, materials equipment, services and/or supplies.
* USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Foundational knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
* Procurement Process: Basic knowledge of the procurement process.
* PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of purchasing applications.
* Vendor Relations Management: Ability to maintain relationships with vendors.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
* Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
* Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
* Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge of report writing.
* Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including strategies and indicators.
* Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
* Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
* Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
* Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
* Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
* Bachelor´s degree in Procurement or related field.
* 4 years ‘work experience in related field with at least 2 years in purchasing, finance or facilities management.
* Prefer: Work experience with NGO under USAID grants.
* Travel required (less than 10%)
* Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.