The Liberia Elections and Democracy (LEAD) Activity is expected to support the deepening of democracy in Liberia so that elected representatives can increasingly govern in the interest of their constituents by implementing interventions under three integrated strategic approaches. These include: (1) Promoting increased accountable leadership of marginalized groups in the political process; (2) supporting the institutionalization of civic education; and (3) building capacity of National Elections Commission and Civil Society Organizations to independently manage and oversee all stages of the electoral cycle.
The Operations Director will be based in Monrovia, Liberia. The Operations Director will be responsible in overseeing the smooth running of the head and regional offices and ensuring that office operations are kept consistent with donor and project standards.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Operations Director will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and supervise an operations team consisting of HR, Procurement, Logistics, Grants, IT, Security, Administrative staff, Drivers and Cleaners.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure that all regional offices operational policies, including field operations management guide, inventory and ICT, are in place, compliant with project and donor policies, and implemented effectively;
- Ensure an in-depth understanding of operations and logistics required for project implementation throughout Liberia;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to ensure compliance while meeting programmatic requirements;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international and local vendors.
- Serve as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintain proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor.
- Responsible for program compliance with U.S. Government rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Support COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, train, and mentor key project country team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, IT, and grants;
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
- At least four (4) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations, logistics and subcontracts in developing countries;
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...