Chief of Party
This activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results: 1) Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector; 2) Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and 3) Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Building Egypt’s Skilled Workforce activity. The COP will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Project Director in the Economic Growth Division at Creative HQ.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project;
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with USAID regulations;
- Works in partnership with the Project Director, engaging in frequent, routine communication with the Home Office around the project’s progress and potential issues;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to USG/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Oversees implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues;
- Responsible for managing the project’s relationships with USAID, Government of Egypt counterparts, private sector firms, educational institutions, and local counterparts, NGOs, and other stakeholders;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities, and ensures that project results and targets are met;
- Supports the implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues and addressing local staffing and personnel issues related to security; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in international development, economics, business, education, or other relevant field;
- Minimum 12 years of experience implementing programs in economic growth, entrepreneurship and employment, TVET system strengthening, private sector engagement, market systems strengthening, business enabling environment or related fields;
- At least eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in TVET systems, Positive Youth Development (PYD), demand-driven training, soft skills development, human resource management, MSME strengthening, financial inclusion or related fields;
- Proven experience integrating gender equality, female empowerment, and social inclusion into development projects;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting), and procurement;
- Experience working with donor projects, USAID preferred;
- Prior experience implementing economic growth programs in the MENA region, Egypt highly preferred;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...