Deputy Chief of Party
This activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results: 1) Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector; 2) Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and 3) Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt’s Skilled Workforce activity. The DCOP will work in concert with the Chief of Party (COP), providing sound operational management in support of activity implementation. He or she will support the COP in all technical, operational, and management aspects of the project and ensure that all appropriate reporting requirements are met. The DCOP will report directly to the COP and will be considered Acting COP in his/her absence.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
- Oversee all program operations, including administration, human resources, procurement and logistics, IT, communications, and grants;
- Ensure that program components are results-oriented, ensure high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting;
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of operational staff in all project offices;
- Support the COP in managing the project team, ensuring a technically and operationally-sound program;
- Lead the development of annual work plans, milestone plans, and programmatic and operational budgeting;
- Ensure the timely preparation of required reports and deliverables, including quarterly, annual, and financial reports in accordance with USAID guidelines;
- Ensure project activities are meeting client expectations and that project results and accomplishments are disseminated appropriately;
- Work with the COP to improve implementation processes throughout the project;
- Represent the project in local, national, and international meetings and events in the absence of the COP; and
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants, and subawardees as necessary.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in international development, economics, business, education, or other relevant field;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs of a similar scope and scale, of which four (4) years must be working experience in the MENA region;
- Fluency in USAID’s policies and procedures in regards to human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes, systems, and grants management;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in TVET systems, Positive Youth Development (PYD), demand-driven training, soft skills development, human resource management, MSME strengthening, financial inclusion or related fields;
- Experience implementing economic growth programs in the MENA region, Egypt highly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to organize program work teams;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, and to liaise as needed with donor and home office personnel to ensure the smooth implementation of the contract;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience effectively integrating gender equality, female empowerment, and social inclusion into development projects.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...