New Business Development Director- Latin America and the Caribbean
Creative is seeking a New Business Development Director who will be an exceptional contributor to our company’s growth strategy and worldwide impact with a focus on Latin America & the Caribbean (LAC). You will lead a process involving our technical program divisions (Communities in Transition, Education, and Economic Growth) to identify, prioritize, and qualify a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with Creative’s program and business objectives within the designated region and serve as entry point for evaluation of new partner opportunities. You will develop and maintain strong U.S. Government (USG) and other donor/client relationships with significant presence in LAC and oversee activities and products of capture and proposal teams to win new business. You will spearhead efforts to ensure Creative is aligned with, and informing, market and client priorities.
You will interface with senior program, business development, and external partners to develop and implement strategies and plans for successful opportunity capture and bid development within the assigned region. You will oversee capture teams and ensure viable win strategies and readiness for proposals. This includes working with program and cross-divisional (e.g., gender, technology) subject matter experts, contracts, pricing, knowledge management, communications, and talent acquisition. You will build and strengthen relationships with counterparts in all practice areas and divisions to promote company collaboration and leverage corporate cross-cutting capacity.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for identifying and winning new business opportunities and expanding growth for an organization whose mission is to make a difference.
Reporting & Supervision:
The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Development and supervises a team of BD managers and coordinators designated to the region. The position regularly interacts with Senior VPs, Practice Area Directors, and BD Managers/Liaisons situated within the program divisions, as well as other corporate support departments, such as Human Resources, Finance and Contracts, Field Operations, and Communications. The position also works hand in hand with the director of the relevant Regional Center, which reports to an Executive Champion.
- Plan, recommend, and execute new business development strategy for LAC regional portfolio;
- Leverage professional relationships and market knowledge to identify and qualify new business opportunities that align to Creative’s target capabilities and development approaches, specifically within USAID, DOS, DFID, World Bank and other international development funders;
- Evaluate regional business portfolio trends and develop market level strategic studies to support new market entry, expansion, or business model design. Maintain responsibility for overseeing ongoing market strategy for regional business portfolio and multi-year planning activities, including a long-term bid pipeline to drive growth objectives;
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of relevant policies, news, and industry trends within assigned region (e.g. CDCS, host-country policies and initiatives);
- Conduct client and industry partner visits to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements. Obtain competitive intelligence and data pertaining to targeted pursuits.
- Oversee (and sometimes lead) end-to-end capture and proposal development within regional business portfolio to include quality capture plans, proposal solutioning, and bid package development. Oversee all capture and proposal activities for regional pipeline, including identifying capture and proposal team resource requirements and estimation of costs associated with bids. Coordinate with other capture and corporate support teams (e.g., pricing, field operations, marketing, human resources/recruitment) for required capture inputs, as needed;
- Perform formal but rapid assessment of company’s capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses for each pursuit in the regional pipeline and oversee capture team’s development of the company’s win strategy;
- Ensure quality capture and bid development for all bids in the regional pipeline; manage decision gates, including early opportunity assessment and bid/no bid decisions; serve as vital color team reviewer;
- Lead high interest target captures and live proposals, when needed;
- Establish value-add-teaming strategies and competitively priced-to-win structures and solutions. Envision and contribute to development of region-wide partnership strategy, including identifying new local, U.S. small business, and private sector partners for consideration;
- Envision and contribute to region-wide recruitment strategy to staff new bid opportunities;
- Ensure marketing and positioning plans are developed and implemented to enhance win probability (including, region-wide, country level, and bid specific, as needed);
- Contribute to management of the regional portfolio administration: maintaining quality information in internal systems and contribute to quarterly and annual reporting as necessary; and
- Develop, mentor, train and/or supervise BD staff and staff working on BD throughout the company.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or a closely related field;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in international development, with at least five (5) of those years leading new business development efforts;
- Proven experience driving business development efforts within LAC;
- Ability to comprehend and make significant contributions to development and execution of business plans, including marketing strategies and tactics;
- Significant prior experience in marketing, capture management, and USAID/Department of State proposal development;
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and manage risk;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels;
- Ability to successfully lead solution development and technical proposal volumes for large scale ($20M+), highly strategic, and complex bids;
- Proven ability to conduct competitive assessments;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead complex teams;
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to present to senior level executives, as well as represent the company at public service or industry forums. Experience in presenting before technical audiences;
- Business acumen and solid understanding of contracting with federal agencies/entities;
- Ability to interact with high level internal and external personnel; and
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Spanish language skills; and
- Experience working and living in countries within LAC.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...