Director, Business Operations
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we do things differently, despite the challenges. Are you excited to use your project management skills to streamline processes to ensure cost effectiveness, develop a global vision for technology use, and roll-out programs to support our employees to do their best work? If so, you may be our next Director, Business Operations.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Offer and supervising a Project Coordinator, the Director, Business Operations will be responsible for the oversight and enhancement of technology systems design, risk mitigation procedures and products, facilities management, and organization-wide policy creation. The Director will act as a key relationship manager and foster strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to provide insight into evolving business requirements. They will also work with cross-functional teams, external vendors and consultants to promote and execute the strategic goals of the organization from an operational perspective that optimize value, quality, and ensure cost-effectiveness.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute global vision for technology use, procurement, migration, and deployment that integrates with current and future technology needs across a range of LMH functional areas
- Provide guidance to management teams on a range of system implementation and integration workstreams, including internet services, system configurations, vendor selection, data protection and back-ups and new system development to reduce system downtime in resource-limited settings and maximize efficiencies
- Develop, promote and improve upon the use of global project management, knowledge management, and communications systems to streamline organizational effectiveness
- Collaborate with departments throughout the organization to ensure timely updates of the Risk Registry and support executive officers on the development of risk mitigation strategies
- Work alongside the CFO to renew commercial insurance policies, goods and services contracts, and manage all infrastructure agreements
- Oversee office management activities related to leases, supplies, and facilities management
What You'll Bring
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing operational strategies and systems in growing international organizations or companies with several office environments
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategies for global technology use
- Strong understanding of project management systems, process design, and policy development
- The ability to travel 20% internationally and 5% domestically per year
- Experience working closely with employees recruited in a limited resource settings
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in time-sensitive manner
- Comfort working with a casual but high-performing team
You'll Impress Us If
- You have operationalized innovative information technology and/or global systems initiatives in limited resource areas
- You have a background in IT
- You have previous done this work for a non-profit or start-up
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.