Senior Logistics/Supply Chain Advisor, DRC Bednet Distribution Project
MSH seeks candidates for the position of Senior Logistics/Supply Chain Advisor for an anticipated 5-year, DRC Bednet Distribution Project, projected to be awarded on or by March 31, 2020. The Senior Logistic/Supply Chain Advisor will support project COP to assist the DRC National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) to distribute insecticide-treated nets (ITNs) via mass campaigns and through schools in target provinces.
Although significant effort and progress in reducing the effect and impact of malaria in DRC in the last decade have been made, including significant reduction in under-five mortality, much work remains as high prevalence affects most of the country, and access to and use of prevention measures such as ITNs is below targets.
The successful candidate will support the COP to work closely with USAID/DRC and the PMI/DRC team as well as with the NMCP of DRC to provide needed supply chain technical leadership with respect to nets distribution at provincial levels.
**This position is contingent upon project award and funding**
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing technical advice and management support on supply chain management issues including nets warehousing, logistics, tracking, inventory management and distribution.
- Providing expert strategic leadership and guidance on supply chain management to the community of national malaria partners and relevant national working groups that support the NMCP nets distribution team with respect to supply chain management.
- Support the COP to provide technical assistance to the NMCP regarding planning and distribution of ITNs.
- When and where possible, leverage MSH’s extensive experience and technical expertise in supply chain management, systems strengthening and capacity building to improve activity and project outcomes.
- Other responsibilities as identified at the country-level, in collaboration with USAID and the NMCP.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in a health-related field with specialized training and/or experience relating to supply chain management required.
- Significant relevant experience in commodity security, supply chain management and health care logistics systems development and strengthening in developing country context, including demonstrated expertise in forecasting and quantification, procurement management systems, storage and distribution, transportation, LMIS, governance and organizational systems for supply chain management.
- Relevant experience in international public health with experience in supply chain management and systems strengthening strongly preferred, particularly those related to the implementation of malaria prevention, care, and treatment programs in developing countries.
- Interest in and experience managing and supervising technical staff.
- Experience with public health programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in French are essential.
- Proficiency in English is desired.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically in DRC as required to support the progress of program activities.
- Previous experience working in DRC a plus.