Associate Project Manager, R4P (Fixed-term contract)
About the IAS:
The International AIDS Society (IAS) leads collective action on every front of the global HIV response through its membership base, scientific authority and convening power. Founded in 1988, the IAS is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members in more than 170 countries. Working with its members, the IAS advocates and drives urgent action to reduce the impact of HIV. The IAS is also the steward of the world’s most prestigious HIV conferences: the International AIDS Conference, the IAS Conference on HIV Science, and the HIV Research for Prevention Conference.
The IAS promotes and invests in HIV advocacy and research on key issue areas through our strategic programmes, initiatives, and campaigns that advocate for urgent action to reduce the global impact of HIV, including increased investment in HIV cure research; optimizing treatment and care for infants, children and adolescents with HIV in resource-limited settings; preventing and treating HIV-related co-infections; and expanding access to prevention, treatment and care for key populations vulnerable to HIV acquisition – such as men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, sex workers and transgender people – including protecting their human rights by combatting punitive laws and discriminatory policies.
More information on IAS can be found at www.iasociety.org.
Details of Employment:
The Associate Project Manager, R4P will be based in Geneva, Switzerland. He or she will report to the Director, Conferences and work closely with the Senior Conference Project Manager, R4P. The position is full-time and fixed-term from 2 December 2019 to 30 November 2020.
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Conference department with the logistics/organization of the HIV Research for Prevention (HIVR4P) conference and may support other conference related projects.
- Registration – Liaise with the registration supplier on a daily basis, coordinate specific registration requests as well as internal registrations such as staff, supplier, organizer, VIP registrations, supervise the registration mailboxes, prepare registration templates
- Conference Material (bags, lanyards, badges) – Assist with the selection of the suppliers, contracting and coordination
- AV – Assist with the AV project, including finalizing needs based on session outline, AV-related floorplans, and onsite management
- Catering – Liaise with venue to plan for different catering needs at the conference for staff, delegates as well as volunteers
- Satellites – Assist with the overall satellite application and coordination process - handle daily queries via the satellites inbox, function as the liaison between the satellite holder and the selected suppliers (build-up, AV, hostesses, etc.), be the point person for satellite holders onsite
- General Administration – Organize travel logistics, accommodation, registration and visa support for external partners such as committee members, speakers and chairs; administrative support to ongoing projects, set up meetings and teleconferences, database maintenance and reporting
- Other Projects – May provide support to other conference related projects as required.
Perform any additional tasks requested by the Director, Conferences and the Senior Conference Project Manager, R4P.
- A degree in business, events or hospitality management, or a related field is favorable.
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings, committees or events
- Experience with logistics, contracting and planning of conference or events
- Experience working with event management or ordering systems
- Experience working with sponsors and/or high-level partners, a plus
- Experience working for international organizations or abroad, a plus.
- Be organized, attentive to details, systematic and flexible
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and always meet deadlines
- Efficient under pressure
- Excellent written, spoken and cross-cultural communication and customer service skills
- Advanced computer skills in the Windows environment (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook); and working knowledge of databases and cloud-based systems
- Open-minded and a good team player.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to email@example.com by Friday, 25 October 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates from Switzerland, from an EU/EFTA country or candidates already having a valid Swiss working permit to work full-time will be considered.
IAS employees are evidence-based, human rights-focused, inclusive and accountable partners in the HIV response. Candidates should display genuine commitment to IAS values (learn more here).
The IAS is committed to recruiting and sustaining a skilled, effective, diverse and gender-balanced secretariat, and to the greater involvement of people living with HIV (GIPA) in all aspects of its work. People living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.