Head of Support NRC Beirut, Lebanon
Head of Support NRC Beirut, Lebanon
The Head of Support (HoS) is a key member of the Country Management Group and actively contributes to the strategic direction of NRC’s operational response in Lebanon. The HoS will lead the Support Unit and has the overall responsibility for ensuring that NRC’s HR, finance, logistics and administration systems provide relevant and adequate support to NRC’s programmes.
The HoS wil also be responsible for designing, planning and leading the implementation of key strategic initiatives to improve systems and structures. This includes developing SoPs, providing oversight for change management processes and ensuring the right resources and structures are in place at country-level.
Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Head of Support position is to ensure that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support programme implementation.
The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities are the same for all HoS positions and cannot be modified:
- Line management for support managers such as Finance, HR, Admin,Logistics, ICT and compliance ICT)
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the support functions strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
- Responsible for development of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff
- Ensure that NRC Lebanon is a learning organisation where all staff benefit from development opportunities at least annually;
- Ensure that NRC Lebanon operates within all relevant national laws, and complies with all regulations, including but not limited to employment legislation, VAT regulations, NGO registration requirements.
- Ensure that data management is secure and that beneficiary records and financial data is adequately protected.
- Ensure that the masterbudget and fair share project is well managed and provide regular updates to the CMG on expenditureManage the country disciplinary panel and ensure that investigations are properly resourced and carried out according to guidelines
Our ideal candidate :
NRC is looking for an experienced manager who has a high capacity and proved track record to lead and deliver on strategic projects. We are particularly looking for a leader who can motivate and support other senior managers to be able to deliver on joint priorities. A hands-on approach and passion for building capacity of staff will be key as will someone who is highly organized and structured.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: 24 months
Duty Station: Beirut, Lebanon
For more information related to the position responsibilities please refer to the full Job Description, attached here.