Sr. SDL Assistant
Position Title : Sr. SDL Assistant
Duty Station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Classification : General Service/G-6
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : October 14, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the functional supervision of the Head, Staff Development and Learning Unit (SDL) and the administrative supervision of the Chief, Human Resources and Admin Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing direct support to the Head, SDL Unit in the area of learning and development to address learning needs of IOM Headquarters (HQ), Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC) and the field missions worldwide.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Support to training initiatives
• Liaise with departments/units/field mission to provide assistance in identifying their staff development and learning needs;
• Support the roll-out of IOM’s training of trainer’s package, including the delivery of selected sessions, in coordination with the Head of SDL,
• Identify internal and external resource persons and act as a facilitator or resources person if/as needed;
• Provide administrative and logistic support to MAC in the organization of training events;
• Serve as focal point within MAC for external contacts relating to staff development and learning
• Prepare reports and statistical documents on SDL programs and activities, including back up on Audit reports, during absences of the SDL Senior Assistant in PAC;
• Support the Head of SDL in the coordination of SDL’s activities in MAC, including local representation with internal and external counterparts.
I-Learn, IOM’s Learning Management System (LMS)
• Conduct I-Learn training sessions (virtually or face-to-face) for missions;
• Review, follow-up and implement scheduled software releases (at least 4 times a year), in coordination with the LMS Specialist.
• Coordinate with the LMS Specialist all the relevant actions for a smooth integration and updates of WebEx virtual-led sessions;
• Provide back-up for creating surveys and training forms in I-Learn;
• Endorse training requests submitted through the system, by IOM staff members, following SDL’s guidelines;
• Coordinate with external providers for enhancements on I-Learn (i.e, updates, integration of new features, etc).
• Provide support to reports on technical issues (i.e, tickets), and other related queries which need to be shared with the LMS provider.
Study Leave review and monitoring
• Screen, review and formulate a recommendation to the Head of SDL on requests of eligible staff members applying for study leave, according to IOM’s Study Leave Guidelines;
• Monitor and track in PRISM the use of Study Leave dates, as per the Study Leave Guidelines;
Policy formulation and implementation
• Ensure SDL organized/funded training activities follow IOM rules and regulations (e.g. Staff eligibility)
• Provide guidance to staff at all levels and respond to mission’s queries on the interpretation of SDL policies, guidelines and operational procedures as well as the Unit’s on-going and future activities
• Identify and compare E-Learning providers and opportunities for online courses to be added and/or maintained in I-Learn’s catalogue;
• Process purchase request, legal agreements, payment to vendors in coordination with Accounting, and other administrative tasks, for hosting online courses in I-Learn;
Virtual instructor-led training sessions through Webex
• Act as IOM’s focal point for the roll-out of the virtual instructor-led training through Webex;
• Manage and monitor the use of licenses assigned to qualified instructors in the Cisco portal.
• Assist IOM missions and HQ Departments in the design of their Webex sessions, including developing best practices on system features in relation to bandwidth requirements. In coordination with the Learning Solutions Specialist, provide guidance to instructors on designing sessions that offer a high-quality learning experience. ,;
• In coordination with ICT Procurement, liaise with Cisco to ensure all administrative tasks are completed (processing of purchase requests, legal agreements, payment to vendors), in order to provide qualified trainers with access to the virtual led-sessions;
• Advocate with HQ Department and IOM Missions for the use of virtual instructor-led trainings in IOM;
• In coordination with the Head of SDL, develop guidance documents for delivering virtual led-sessions using Webex and offer technical support as needed;
• In coordination with the SDL Assistant in PAC, ensure relevant communication for all virtual-led sessions events.
• Research and identify innovative virtual led initiatives for the consideration of the Head of SDL
• Support SDL’s Head in coordinating and ensuring SDL MAC’s activities are duly implemented.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Psychology, Human Resources or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience;
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience;
• Other HR diploma or training certification, an advantage.
• Relevant work experience in the development and implementation of training programs;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• High level of computer literacy in MS Office Applications particularly MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel;
• Familiarity with the UN system and working experience in an international organization, an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history...
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 October 2019. VN Number and Position Title (VN 073/2019 – Sr. SDL Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.