Consultancy - Senior Information Technology Audit and Assurance Specialist (SITAAS) - Egypt
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit Unit ICARDA
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Advertisement date: 29 September 2019
Closing date: 28 October 2019 (or until the position is filled)
Main purpose of the position
Reporting to the Head of IAU, the SITAAS will be responsible for carrying out a comprehensive programme of information technology and business informatics audits. The aim is to bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, control, and accountability processes in ICARDA. The audit includes, control, monitoring, and compliance of ICARDA's operations with approved procedures and standards to be followed by the Center’s staff. The SITAAS will work independently and will assist in defining the strategy for IT auditing of the Center. S/he will be responsible for the performance and delivery of assigned audits with a focus of implementing a risk-based audit methodology across a vast array of technology risks. S/he will assure the technology operations, infrastructure, developments, projects, and associated processes across the business. The audit will also contribute a significant part in shaping management and technical control environments of the Center. The consultant will also be involved in performing general business audits.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary
Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
· Uphold the highest professional standards and compliance with the mandatory elements and guidance for the practice of internal auditing as developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
· Ensure all activities are performed following the ICARDA/CGIAR Internal Audit Unit set policies and procedures.
· Proactively contribute to the incorporation of best practice audit tools and techniques to all audits performed (specifically on business informatics, and information technology audits and risks)
· Assist in maintaining the ICARDA Internal Audit Charter by making sure it is kept relevant, up to date, and consistent with the Standards.
· Assist in developing an information technology internal audit strategy that supports the effective accomplishment of ICARDA's strategic and operational goals. Identify ways in which ICARDA's information architecture can better meet ICARDA's needs to deliver its strategic goals and objectives efficiently and effectively.
· Conduct periodic IT internal audit risk assessments and develop annual and medium-term internal audit plans consistent with the internal audit strategy and risks assessments.
· Assist in the effective and efficient delivery of the IAU's scope of work as provided by its' internal audit charter and approved work plans.
· Perform in-depth reviews considering risks and opportunities and be responsible for researching, planning, and leading audits. Overseas travel is required on some audit assignments.
· Prepare and issue written report after each assurance/advisory assignment (or other activities) including recommendations to improve IT, business, and risk management processes and strengthening of internal control.
· Assist in the preparation of periodic reports to the Finance and Audit Committee regarding the IAU's performance relative to its approved plan, and conformance with the IIA's Code of Ethics and Standards. Assist in preparing action plans to address any significant conformance issues;
· Assist in conducting end-of-engagement and annual internal audit effectiveness/satisfaction review (including self-assessment);
· Assist in the preparation of external quality assessment every five years.
Education, qualifications and experience
Essential qualifications and competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Risk or IT Management or other related business field.
· A minimum of six years’ experience in internal audit function.
· Supervisory-level experience in working with a leading auditing firm and/or with international public-sector organizations (particularly in research/think-tanks, universities, and not-for-profit organizations).
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
· Ability work effectively with minimum supervision
· Ability to remain focused, well organised and maintain high level of attention to details.
· Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility.
Desirable qualifications and competencies
· Additional certifications on internal audit, COSO or GRC will be an advantage.
· Knowledge of research project management (including understanding of the concepts of theory of change and impact pathways), risk assessment, information system audit, and proficiency in the use of at least mid-range ERP system are desirable.
· Experience in a CGIAR Center.
Terms of appointment
ICARDA will cover the cost of subsistence allowance, reasonable accommodation and airfare.
Period of engagement
The period of engagement will be for six months with possible renewal depending on available funds and continued need for the role.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply online at www.icarda.org/iea/ by 28 October 2019.