ICT Technical/User Support (Tier 1)
Position Title: ICT Technical/User Support (Tier 1)
Duty Station: Manila, Philippines
Classification: General Service Staff/G4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Closing Date: October 14, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Global ICT Operations, and the direct supervision of the Head of Global User Support, the incumbent will provide first-level (Tier 1) user and technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate applications and infrastructure worldwide, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Issue ticket ownership – open, update, and close tickets assigned, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
• Provide Tier 1 level technical support such as immediate diagnosis and workarounds for reported incidents.
• Log all actions and steps taken to respond to an incident or to complete a request.
• Assist in determining root causes and propose resolution for problems raised by reported incidents.
• Escalate to Tier 2 technical support and supervisor when necessary and accordingly to identified priority levels.
Provide support for planned technology upgrades for network, systems and applications;3. Provide end-user training, when assigned for organization-wide deployment and/or while on Tour Duty (TDY) when necessary.
Perform agreed tasks and collaborate with relevant units, when assigned, for joint development and delivery of new applications, systems and networks.5. Maintain and ensure availability and capacity of existing network, systems and applications (core services) in conjunction with relevant units.
Perform monitoring of systems, network (LAN, WAN), applications and provide routine control of servers and data on assigned shifts.7. Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation and reference materials for planned and delivered user and technical services when assigned.
Establish technical relationship and collaboration with other pertinent department/units – and with partners, suppliers and providers – to identify opportunities for optimizing business and system effectiveness.9. Participate proactively in face to face shift turnover meeting and contribute to ensure continuity of the support service.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience in Helpdesk / Service Desk roles; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience;
- Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office) and web-based applications. Valid Microsoft MSCE, ITIL and/or Cisco Certifications an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Medium-sized offices support for LAN infrastructure, Active Directory domain environment and Windows-based servers;
- Windows Server and desk support;
- Support and troubleshoot computer and network equipment, including Microsoft Office applications, TCP/IP Networking, and Windows operating systems;
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group policies;
- Ability to work in a team environment; able to initiate and manage group studies to learn more about supporting the current infrastructure;
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users knowledge of an issue-tracking system an advantage;
- Can work in rotating shift, if required.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
- Inclusion and Respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistentwith organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committedmanner and exercises careful judgement in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieveshared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: pproduces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timelymanner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explainscomplex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
WHAT WE OFFER
IOM offers a tax-free salary and attractive benefit package, a challenging career opportunity and potential for international travels/assignments of short or long duration.
Annual Leave: 2.5 working days per completed month of service
Sick Leave: 2 working days per completed month of service
Compassionate Leave: 3 days leave in the event of the death of immediate family members (spouse, child, parents and siblings), additional 2 days if the staff member requires to travel
Maternity Leave: 16 consecutive calendar weeks with full pay or 20 weeks for multiple births
Paternity Leave: 8 weeks with full pay or 12 weeks for multiple births
Adoption Leave: 8 weeks with full pay for adoption of single child or 12 weeks for multiple children
Compensation Plan: an insurance coverage for occupational accidents and illnesses (paid by IOM)
Medical Service Plan (MSP): an insurance coverage for non-occupational accidents and illnesses (medical/dental/optical) on contributory basis (monthly premium shared by IOM and staff member)
United Nations Pension Fund (UNJSPF): aims to provide participants at retirement age with pensions as an income replacement. It also provides participants with social security coverage in case of death in service or disability. A compulsory pension scheme maintained by contributions between IOM and the staff member (7.9% of the gross pensionable salary)
Dependent Child Allowance: PhP 20,526 net per annum per child up to maximum of six children (payable in monthly instalments) and subject to terms and qualifying conditions
Other allowances: Overtime, Night Differential, Transportation Allowance (for rendered overtime beyond 10:00pm)
Flexible work hours: which start from 7:30 to 9:30am; 8 hours per day, 40 hours work per week, Monday to Friday
Staff Development and Learning (I-Learn): IOM has a dedicated unit which provides staff members access to a range of learning opportunities including on-line courses, face-to-face training, blended curricula, videos, webinars and reading materials.
This vacancy is open to Philippine Nationals only.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by October 14, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://bit.ly/2nNVJFj
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.