The Finance Assistant performs a large variety of routine administrative and financial duties in support of the control and maintenance of accounts and in the processing of finance/ accounting/ budget-related transactions. The incumbent exercises judgment, identifies errors and supports sound financial practice.
The Finance Assistant reports to one or more Professional staff and receives guidance from a Finance Assistant/Associate. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision received is focused on the quality of the work performed and provides for on-the-job learning.
The Finance Assistant interacts with a variety of colleagues within the work unit and with immediate clients served within the Organization, providing routine assistance to promote the effective and efficient delivery of finance-related services.
· Process claims or invoices and other payments requests in line with relevant regulations and instructions;
· Ensure that all supporting documents and information required to justify payment, including receipts, banking details, etc., are complete before releasing payments;
· Settle invoices and claims after verification of supporting documents;
· Compile and verify budget and accounting data by checking files, calculating costs and estimating anticipated expenditures; following authorization, make disbursements from petty cash as per delegation, maintain records of such disbursements and balance accounts as required;
· Assist in the preparation of periodic accounting records, finance and budget documents; record receipts and disbursements (ledgers, cash books, vouchers, etc.);
· Reconcile data for recurring or special reports; maintain contacts with local banks, verify account status and currency exchange rates and obtain approval for cheque clearance;
· Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - candidates will be assessed against the following
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Three years of relevant experience in finance / budget-related support work
Languages: Good Working knowledge of English
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations, accounting policies and practices
• Good knowledge of corporate financial systems
• Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English directly to :
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.
Only national Syrian CVs will be considered for shortlistin