WHO WE ARE
The Sudanese Development Initiative (SUDIA) is a pioneering non-governmental non-profit organization working for peace, development and good governance in Sudan. The organization works with a broad cross-section of actors and stakeholders developing programmes and providing services that centre around peacebuilding and human security, natural resource management and environmental conservation, democracy and human rights promotion.
The purpose of this position is to lead in responding to the communication needs and inputs of the different programs and projects being implemented by the organization. S/He collaborates with program and regional staff to design and implement program/project specific communications plans. Ensures consistency in branding and the adherence to the SUDIA style guide. S/He also represents SUDIA at external events and with external audiences.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting SUDIA projects with their communications needs (e.g. editorial services, production of materials for print/electronic/voice/visual and social media outreach);
• Strengthening SUDIA’s internal and external communications and working to mainstream communication across the organisation;
• Oversee the production of various communication products (e.g. videos, leaflets, brochures, presentations, posters, etc.), including drafting/reviewing texts and overseeing the design, printing and distribution process.)
• Maintenance of SUDIA’s website and content as well as other SUDIA-managed websites;
• Maintain the SUDIA projects portfolio log (on/offline)
• Enhance the SUDIA’s online presence and information dissemination by upgrading the quality and use of existing media/information platforms (webpage, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, press releases, articles, video documentaries, etc.);
• Maintain and expand the electronic mailing list of SUDIA stakeholders/audiences;
• Support communications and visibility of events organized by or in collaboration with SUDIA
• Advise on and support the organization of publicity/outreach for projects, knowledge- sharing events and promotional opportunities
• Attending conferences/briefings as a SUDIA representative and participating in staff meetings and SUDIA events/workshop;
• Liaising with printers and print shop specialists and ensuring quality and compliance with SUDIA branding/layout specifications for any printed materials, as well as placing print job orders and following up on delivery of final printed materials.
• Any other task as may be required from time to time and adequate responding to the needs of the organization.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
• At minimum you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field;
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar position (preferably within the NGO sector)
• Experience in communications work, writing, editing, production, dissemination, and management of communications materials (including online and traditional publications)
• Knowledge of best practices in media and public relations, has existing relationships with key contacts in the media
• Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
• Good English writing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
• High level of personal motivation and initiative; ability to work without/under minimal supervision.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, and salary expectation to email@example.com. Please include “Communications Officer” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is October 18th, 2019. *