Human Resources Manager
This position is for an upcoming education project in Bangladesh, which seeks to improve the quality of and access to education in select areas of Bangladesh, equitably and sustainably.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager leads HR practices and objectives that will provide a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff. The HR Manager is responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals which includes ensuring compliance with Creative and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Chief of Party. The HR Manager will liaise as needed with the HQ HR Operations Manager on related project and corporate HR matters.
- Manage HR office operations ensuring compliance with Creative and client HR rules and regulations;
- Lead/coordinate the full-cycle recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents;
- Lead onboarding/orientation of new project hires;
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process;
- Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedure;
- Responsible for coordinating staff training and establishing staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations;
- Receives and logs various grievances or complaints from employees; consults with HQ HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provides recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review;
- Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leaves;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field;
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible HR experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Familiarity with donor/client rules and regulations;
- Familiarity with local employment law;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English; Bengali verbal and written proficiency preferred.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...