Technical Lab Experts | West Africa | 2019
Chemonics seeks multiple Technical Lab Experts for Global Fund Lab Technical Assistance activities in Chad, Burkina Faso, Benin, and other Francophone countries, as well as other similar assignments.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 25 years of experience implementing health programs in West Africa. Chemonics seeks multiple Technical Lab Experts for Global Fund Lab Technical Assistance activities in Chad, Burkina Faso, Benin, and other Francophone countries, as well as other similar assignments.
The positions will serve as the focal point and coordinator for all technical activities supported under anticipated 12-month laboratory management and health systems strengthening activities funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (the Global Fund) to support the scale-up programs to achieve global targets of eliminating HIV and Tuberculosis.
The purpose of these activities is to support the coordination of laboratory services to support scale up of quality assured TB diagnostics, HIV testing services, HIV early infant diagnosis (EID) and for Viral Load (VL) testing and training activities in Chad, Burkina Faso, Benin, and other Francophone countries. The Technical Lab Experts will provide support to the Ministry of Health in their assigned country, in collaboration with other partners, for the coordination of laboratory support to develop and scale up implementation plans for effective laboratory diagnostics and monitoring services for HIV and TB, and by incorporating any previous assessments and program reviews to ensure WHO standards and guidelines are incorporated in service delivery.
We are seeking experts available beginning in October 2019 for 12 months. The Technical Lab Expert will be based in the project country (Chad, Burkina Faso, or Benin), with frequent travel to healthcare facilities throughout the country. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Please note that these positions and assignments are contingent on program award.
- Advanced degree in biomedical sciences or a related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the technical areas of HIV diagnostics and monitoring, EID, VL and TB diagnostics
- Experience in biomedical laboratory sciences in the areas of quality management systems (QMS) implementation for accreditation and HIV drug resistance, especially in settings with limited resources
- Experience implementing and monitoring transformation programs, using project management information systems, developing strategies, and standard operating procedures
- Experience in health systems strengthening, especially in laboratory technical assistance in countries with limited resources
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; and comfort in client-facing roles, including presentations for workshops and trainings
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking and managing deadlines
- International experience in Francophone West Africa and experience working with international development implementing partners preferred
- French fluency required; English proficiency preferred
To apply, please submit your application no later than October 16, 2019 through our portal: https://chemonics_nb.formstack.com/forms/globalfundtechnicallabexperts. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/