Human Resources Manager
Creative Associates seeks a Human Resources Manager for an upcoming five-year, multi-million-dollar USAID community-based education project in Afghanistan. Enrolling more children in school is one of the Ministry of Education's (MoE) highest priorities given the 3.7 million out of school children. Over the next five years, the MoE aims to increase low primary school attendance and improve secondary school enrollment, especially for poor and disadvantaged children in rural areas. The challenge lies in that there are simply not enough government schools and teachers to meet the need. Resource constraints have hindered the MoE in establishing an adequate number of public schools throughout the country. Vast gender disparities persist as well, with girls representing 39 percent of all enrolled students. Community-based education (CBE) continues to provide education opportunities to children where formal schools are still non-existent.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager leads HR practices and objectives that will provide a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff. The HR Manager is responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals as well as ensuring compliance with Creative and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The HR Manager reports directly to the Chief of Party. The HR Manager will liaise regularly with the Regional HR Operations Manager on related project and corporate HR matters.
- Lead/coordinate the recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside senior management;
- Onboarding/orientation of new project hires;
- Serve as an advisor to senior management on human-resource-related issues;
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships and build morale;
- Receive and log grievances or complaints from employees; consults with Chief of Party, Regional HR Manager as well as legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provides recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Prepare and provide new employee documents containing Creative rules and regulations.
- Process and upload employee records confidentially and accurately in physical files and in the Creative HR system, UltiPro;
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure employees who go on leave fill in Leave Forms;
- Ensure individual employees fill in and submit timesheets on time;
- Reconcile timesheets with information on Leave Forms;
- Ensure all employees are on Medical Insurance, together with their eligible dependents;
- Ensure all queries and challenges faced by employees regarding their medical insurance are attended to by the Insurance Company for clearance;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process and ensure all performance evaluations are completed in a timely manner;
- Responsible for staff training and establishing staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during the control/audit exercise; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience working on programs funded by international donors (preferably USAID)
- BA/BS degree in relevant field highly desired;
- Must have five (5) years' general work experience and over three (3) years prior relevant experience in Human Resources Management; and
- Strong communication skills; fluency in Dari and Pashto required and advanced knowledge of spoken and written English highly desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...