Creative Associates seeks an Operations Manager for an upcoming five-year, multi-million-dollar USAID community-based education project in Afghanistan. Enrolling more children in school is one of the Ministry of Education's (MoE) highest priorities given the 3.7 million out of school children. Over the next five years, the MoE aims to increase low primary school attendance and improve secondary school enrollment, especially for poor and disadvantaged children in rural areas. The challenge lies in that there are simply not enough government schools and teachers to meet the need. Resource constraints have hindered the MoE in establishing an adequate number of public schools throughout the country. Vast gender disparities persist as well, with girls representing 39 percent of all enrolled students. Community-based education (CBE) continues to provide education opportunities to children where formal schools are still non-existent.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the management of logistics, procurement, and information technology of the program.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and supervises the procurement team, office manager, IT department, travel/logistics staff, and the administration team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
- Ensures streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and USAID rules and regulations;
- Provides administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensures an in-depth awareness of operational and security issues in the context of Afghanistan;
- Streamlines and maintains procurement processes to meet deliverables and milestones;
- Serves as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serves as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manages and oversees staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provides timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with U.S. Government rules and regulations and Creative policies and procedures;
- Supports Chief of Party and DCOP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manages, trains, and mentors key Afghanistan team members in the areas of administration, logistics, procurement; and
- Responds to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least eight(8) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
- At least four (4) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations;
- Familiarity with or have experience in community participation-type projects as well as those that are political in focus;
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment;
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments;
- Strong communication skills; fluency in Dari and Pashto required and advanced knowledge of spoken and written English highly desired.
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...