Senior Manager Health and Nutrition (Isiolo)
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Health and Nutrition
Reports to: Nutrition Technical Advisor
Direct Reports: Manager - Health and Nutrition
Job Location: Isiolo
Fixed Term Two (2) Years Renewable Contract
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade - Kes 291,637 p.m.
Medical Cover (Principal + 2 Dependants)
Pension After Confirmation of Appointment
Group Life Assurance Cover
Group Personal Accident Cover
The incumbent is responsible to support coordination, planning, management and implementation of the Health and Nutrition MILE Programme. S/he will closely support the team and liaise with other functional managers to ensure day-to-day activities are implemented within the established framework of the programme, timescales, budget and quality. S/he will continually monitor all aspects of programme performance by instituting the use of necessary programme management processes and tools.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Overall responsible for the implementation of the nutrition component for the MILE programme at county level
· Provide technical support and guidance to the Health and Nutrition teams implementing the nutrition component of the MILE programme at the sub-county level.
· Provide organizational and technical support to MoH and local partners in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services;
· Liaising closely with the County health management teams (CHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to develop joint work plans and ensure MoH ownership and integration into the existing health systems;
· Work closely with the CHMT to oversee and review the implementation of County work plans and activities
· Support MoH and local partners to strengthen planning, implementation and review of health and nutrition activities as relates to the MILE programme at the County level
· Work with stakeholders at County level to strengthen a multi-sectoral approach to health and nutrition and actively promote inter sectoral linkages and integration with other programmes as necessary
· Ensure programme quality through active role in M&E of health and nutrition programme interventions including developing and utilizing context specific M&E tools, using data for decision making, field monitoring and joint support supervision
· Monitor the health and nutrition situation in the County including coordination of nutrition surveys, supporting with surveillance and assessments as required
· Contribute to the development of the MILE programme, research and advocacy strategies for the respective county
· Work closely with the MILE programme Nutrition advisor to ensure consistency in programme approach and share learning across counties.
· Participate in the development of annual MILE programme work plans in coordination with the other Health and Nutrition teams within the programme target counties as well as in coordination with the over Kenya country programme Health and Nutrition teams
· Prepare high quality written reports (quarterly and annual) and other reports as required.
· Support sub-county teams on effective and quality programme management and implementation.
· Ensure that the implementation of the nutrition specific components of the MILE programme at county level adheres to Concern’s essential standards on programme management
· Monitor the programme against objectives outlined in the programme plan and international standards.
· Support the team in the review and regularly update of detailed implementation plans, phased budgets, procurement plans, M & E plans, and work plans guiding all programme implementation and ensure this is used by the project teams to monitor project progress towards completion.
· Conduct field visit to monitor the delivery of quality intervention.
· Focal person for M&E aspect of the program
· Support the documentation of county programme activities, achievements and challenges in regular internal reports and ensure that external reporting obligations are met
· Lead the compilation and review of county quarterly reports
· County level monthly analysis of performance of the programme
· Participation in county health and nutrition coordination meetings;
· Represent Concern at the Health and Nutrition Coordination Meetings
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Code of Conduct & Associated Policies:
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
· To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
· To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
· A Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Nutrition and Dietetics or relevant field with KNDI professional certification
· At least seven (7) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition programming with experience of nutrition and health system strengthening in both a development and emergency context with at least three (3) years’ experience in a managerial position
· Previous employment or extensive collaboration and networking with NGOs.
· Proven success partnering with the Ministry of Health and extensive collaboration and networking with NGOs
· Good understanding of cross cutting issues-gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health/nutrition programmes
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, coordination and leadership skills Proficiency in the use of computer applications
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Senior Manager Health and Nutrition Isiolo’ by Sunday 27th October 2019**
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Follow Concern online: www.concern.net
CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE FOR ANY KIND OF RECRUITMENT