Roving Head of Project (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. The contract is based on a negotiable 50% to 75% basis and entails 112 to 168 assignment days per year accordingly. As a Roving Head of Project you are home-based but commit to deployment within 14 days to respond to an unforeseen assignment. During the deployment per diems and expenses are paid.
As Roving Head of Project you will contribute to the development, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects in order to maximise the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) impact on the basis of WHH Strategy, concept papers and according to WHH quality standards. You will be deployed to a country on short notice to provide flexible “hands-on” support to Country Offices for clearly defined assignments (TOR) in project related management and leadership tasks. Your position will contribute to maintain the functionality of the decentralized structures and assure high-quality implementation of projects.
- Project management as well as security, logistics, HR and finance management at project level
- Quality ensurance, compliance and M&E at project level
- Support in the elaboration and set up of complex projects including the recruitment of staff, preparation of the operational basis for project implementation, elaboration of base lines, inception reports, financial project planning etc.
- Finalizing of complex projects including the elaboration of end reports, evaluation and learning, closure of project offices etc.
- Active collaboration with partner organizations in project implementation and planning processes
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant subject (development economics, political science, agriculture, geography etc.)
- Ideally 3-5 years of project management experience in relevant work environments as well as sound management and leadership skills
- Experience in remote management / monitoring would be an asset
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a multinational environment
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- A "can do" mentality and the ability to work independently
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- A very good level of written and spoken French and English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.