Logistics Coordinator, DRC
About the role: This is 12 month, new role with unaccompanied terms based in Goma with at least 50% of the time on the field with a salary of Grade 4 (€40,003 to €44,449).
You will report to the Systems Director and will line manage the IT coordinator and work closely with Programme Director, Country Financial Controller, Area Coordinators and Logistics Managers. He will also provide technical support to the Base Managers and the Systems Manager.
We would like you to start as soon as possible.
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating the logistics activities in the DRC and will enhance the managerial and planning skills of the team. The position holder will also lead the continuous improvement of the logistics systems that are in place and amending as necessary. He/she will provide effective and timely logistics support to all programs in relation to procurement, stock management, assets, premises, fleet management and communications.
You will be responsible for:
· Support the management and tracking of project orders in the Supply Request (SR) tracking sheet.
· Assist in developing an efficient and effective supply chain; keep an updated database of local suppliers and prices of frequently needed goods and services.
· Carry out extensive supplier and market reviews and maintain a preferred supplier list.
· Support programme teams in the development of procurement plans, and do a quarterly review of all procurement plans
· Organize, plan and prioritise project supply needs.
· Make sure that the Area Coordinators and Base Managers of each area establish framework contracts and that they are renewed on time.
· Support effective warehouse management in accordance with the Concern guidelines.
· Support the security of stock through the implementation of effective controls and do spot checks in warehouses during field visits.
· Submit timely and accurate stock reports.
· Strengthen staff capacity and warehouse management processes.
· Investigate all stock discrepancies and provide a report of the procedure and findings.
· Organize disposal of old stock and assets.
Asset management, IT and Communications
· Support regular maintenance of communication equipment in liaison with the Systems Director and the IT coordinator.
· Train staff on use of communication equipment and communication protocols.
· Support the IT coordinator in designing a procurement plan of ICT equipment and contribute to donor budgeting.
· Explore the possibility of having digital systems, notably for logbooks and the fixed asset register.
· Ensure that the DRC Fixed Asset Register (FAR) is updated and verified quarterly and copied to the Systems Director (SD).
· Ensure that all procedures and documents pertaining to Asset Management as per the Concern Logistics Manual are in place and being followed.
· To ensure assets are safe guarded with physical checks in line with the Logistics Manual.
· Ensure donation certificates with recipient’s signature are obtained and filed for all assets and equipment donated to beneficiaries/partner groups or received from Donors.
· Ensure all required and available communication equipment are installed and working: HF, VHF, Satellite, mobile network, etc. and functioning properly.
· Review monthly logistics reports and share with the Systems Director
· Ensure a robust vehicle maintenance system is in place and that maintenance works are property documented.
· Ensure well-maintained and functional transport fleet for staff and material needs, including vehicle allocation in DRC.
· Review monthly transport reports and monitor fuel consumption.
· Monitor the maintenance conducted on Concern vehicles by external service providers.
· Explore the possibility to have digital systems, notably for logbooks and asset management
· Review security protocols and suggest possible adjustments/improvements in liaise with Systems Director
· Ensure proper application of SoPs in different locations.
· Train Security Focal Groups.
· Give a special attention to the training of interns in the logistics department.
· Travel to field locations to conduct Systems trainings e.g. on logistics, procurement, transport etc.
· With the assistance of the Systems Director, develop and roll out reporting tools and templates.
· Identify training opportunities for the logistics staff.
· Review the logistics induction for new comers and conduct it whenever possible.
· Participate in country-level strategic planning initiatives and other duties as determined by line management.
· Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Concern’s Programme Participant Protection Policy and Code of Conduct (P4 and CoC), including the respect of confidentiality.
· Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender.
· Undertake any other relevant and reasonable work as requested by line manager.
· Actively participate in the gender mainstreaming strategy within the programme and operations
· Liaise with regional logistics advisor to implement good practices found in the Francophone region.
Your skills and experience will include:
· At least 3 year experience working overseas with an international NGO, preferably in an insecure environment.
· Experience with providing logistics support to humanitarian or development programming in the field.
· Fluent written and spoken French; working knowledge of English.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Proven capacity-building ability, including training, coaching and mentoring staff.
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload, to cope with stress and to work under pressure.
· Willing to live in basic living conditions.
· Experience working on online systems .