Payroll & Admin HR Officer - Geneva
BACKGROUND ON IMPACT
IMPACT Initiatives is an International Humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative, which was created in 2010 to facilitate the development of information tools and products that enhance the capacity of aid actors to make evidence-based decisions in emergency, recovery and development contexts. The IMPACT teams comprise specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing and operate in 16 countries. For more information visit: www.reach-initiative.org and www.impact-initiatives.org.
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Officer to support the IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva.
Title: HR Officer – Payroll & Administration
Duration: Open-ended contract S
tart date: October
Location: Geneva - International Environment House
The Payroll & Admin HR Officer will be supervised by the Head of Finance and Admin.
The Payroll & Admin HR Officer will guarantee all the HR administration activities, undertaking the following tasks:
1. Payroll preparation:
- Process payroll (Sage 50) ensuring to gather and include all relevant data (unpaid leave, seniority, contract changes, deductions etc.);
- Produce, file and send monthly payslips, yearly salary certificates and taxes certificates;
- Prepare monthly allowance payments and benefits reimbursements and payments for eligible country office based employees.
2. New employees:
- Send welcome emails to all new employees and ensure their personal folders documentation is complete;
- Register field-based employees with relevant insurances and pension scheme;
- Register headquarters employees with Swiss social insurances and tax administration (when applicable);
- Ensure headquarters employees have an authorisation to work in Switzerland, i.e. prepare work permit requests and follow up with OCPM and employee.
3. Staff admin follow up:
- Review time-sheets of employees for completeness, accuracy and compliance with Impact policies;
- Monitor and track leave balances such as annual leaves, Rest and Recuperation Leaves, sick leaves, Compassionate leaves and unpaid leaves and advise staff and management accordingly;
- Keep up-to-date salary grids, staff follow-up tools, ERP and organigrams;
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies);
- Update insurances upon contractual changes;
- Follow up on dossiers with insurances (e.g. work accident declaration, request for maternity leave insurance), child benefits (Allocations Familiales), OCAS;
- Follow up with OCPM the authorisations to work in Switzerland: renewals, departures, etc.
- Follow up on all necessary departure elements required for HQ and Field based staff: ensure preparation of exit form and handover, deal with administrative and legal formalities (attendance sheets, leave requests, insurances, work certificate, etc.) and ensure the processing of last payments.
- HRSE certificate or brevet;
- Previous experience in the preparation of payroll is required for this position;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Ability to build rapport and trust within the organization and to manage competing demands in a timely manner;
- Awareness when to refer non-routine inquiries to more senior colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to listen and connect with staff deployed in the field.
- Previous knowledge of Swiss social insurances and labour legislation;
- Previous experience or demonstrated interest in the non-profit sector;
- Previous experience in the preparation of payroll for an international non-profit/non-governmental organization;
- Payroll certification or certification in global payroll management or global operations.
Please apply on the following link: