Security Manager - USAID Logistics Services in Mindanao (LSM) Activity
Summary of Proposal
USAID/Philippines is expecting to release a five-year LSM Activity. The purpose of LSM is to advance USAID's high standards of program design and management by providing demand-driven logistics services in difficult, restricted or non-permissive environments in Mindanao. The activity will provide security risk management and transportation services for short-term visits to Mindanao of USAID and USG officials and staff and USG visitors to appraise the status of USG programs, and design and, or launch new activities. The activity will also provide all necessary logistical and support services for effective workshops, meetings, and high-level events for USG personnel. The LSM Activity is expected to start on April 2020.
Summary of Position
Macfadden/PAE is seeking qualified candidates to fill the role of Security Manager for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Logistics Support for Mindanao Activity. Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP), the Security Manager will have the primary responsibility of setting up and implement a comprehensive approach for security risk management services throughout the life of the activity. The ideal candidate must be willing to live in Zamboanga City, Philippines and travel throughout the country or region as needed. The position is only open to local Filipino nationals and is contingent upon award.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop security and safety advisories and directives for logistical and security support services.
- Coordinate with Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and Philippine National Police (PNP) counterparts in preparation for VIP visits, and assign security officers in advance.
- Prepare “Security Plans” for USAID target conflict affected-areas. Ensure security team provides required information, advisories, geographical data sets, security presentations, threat analyses, and motor vehicle fleet operations.
- As directed, represent USAID and as required, represent implementing partners on matters relative to safety and security protocols affecting the implementation of USAID projects.
- As required, provide support in the coordination of overland or sea-borne vehicle, convoy and on-site security arrangements (including force protection) for senior USG and other partners individually or jointly with Philippine counterparts.
- Serve as an on-site security officer, arrange logistics and manage force protection for visiting USG personnel, and, or USAID expatriate and local staff, and coordinate force protection with local police/military/security agencies.
- Establish and maintain a contact network, both formal and informal, for information gathering purposes. Undertake any other task as may be assigned and, or directed by the COP.
- University degree in security, military science with training in security management, law enforcement, military, logistics or related fields.
- Over five years of progressive experience managing security support services for international or local organizations with donor funding, preferably in conflict environments
- Experience working with foreign embassies and diplomats (or equivalent), managing overland convoy and force protection for visiting dignitaries and senior officials in conflict-affected, high-risk areas, highly desirable.
- Familiarity working in high stress/high-risk areas, with experience mitigating hostile fire, requiring split-second evacuations to identified “safe havens”.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Philippine military organizations—Armed Forces of the AFP/ PNP—and their local and regional command and control procedures and organizational structures (Western and Eastern Mindanao Command Headquarters, Army Division headquarters in Cotabato and Cagayan de Oro cities, various Intelligence Services), and other civilian agencies.
- Demonstrated English communication skills (written and oral), required. Command of local languages/dialects used in USAID program locations, desirable.
If interested and meet position requirement please submit most up to date CV to email@example.com with "Security Manager" in the subject line.