Senior Program Associate - E&E
The Senior Program Associate for Europe and Eurasia helps develop, represent, and manage E&E programs under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer for Europe and Eurasia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support programmatic development and project management for Internews’ programming within Europe and Eurasia.
- Take an active role in various stages of proposal development, including research, design, writing, M&E, budget development, coordination, and revision. Collaborate with staff from other departments and field offices on proposal development as necessary to ensure that proposals are clearly written and designed, accurate, and well-suited to current local needs.
- Review and edit quarterly and final narrative reports, workplans, and MEL plans in coordination with field offices and other HQ staff.
- Monitor progress towards project deliverables and provide guidance to field teams on reporting, monitoring and evaluation, compliance, communications, and related issues as necessary.
- Solicit, draft, and edit success stories, briefers, and other communications materials for E&E projects in coordination with field teams.
- Work closely with business and grants and contracts staff to ensure projects remain in compliance with donors’ requirements and Internews’ internal policies.
- Represent Internews and the Europe and Eurasia department before other NGOs, funders, and government officials.
- Travel to the E&E region as necessary for project monitoring, staff training, field assessments, and/or proposal development.
- Supervise and train seasonal support staff or volunteers working on E&E programs as necessary.
- Coordinate travel logistics and arrange accommodations for Internews representatives and guests as required.
- Communicate with other relevant groups domestically and abroad on issues involving the media, civil society, freedom of expression, access to information, digital rights and security, etc.
- Stay abreast of news and trends in media development and foreign assistance, particularly as regards the E&E region
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years professional experience in international affairs, including experience living, working, or studying in Eastern Europe/Eurasia.
- Solid understanding of media development and/or other civil society development issues in the Europe and Eurasia region
- Experience supporting donor-funded projects, particularly USAID-funded projects (experience supporting European Commission (EC)-funded projects also a plus but not required)
- Experience contributing to proposals for US government donors (experience contributing to proposals for European donor a plus but not required)
- Experience monitoring and evaluating project results through project-level indicators and targets
- Native English, professional proficiency in written and spoken Russian
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office programs
- Ability to travel internationally
- Relevant university degree