Junior Program Associate Capacity Building Programs HEDAYAH Abu Dhabi
· Conduct desk research in collaboration with Hedayah staff to develop resources for our programs;
· Support the development of curricula (including program, agenda, training modules, and identifying appropriate experts) for the training programs;
· Support the development of facilitators’ guides, activities guides and other tools;
· Support the delivery of the training programs, when appropriate;
· Conduct and assess follow-up Monitoring and Evaluation of the programs.
· Represent the Department when required.
· Update list of resources related to CVE and the Department programs.
· Build a list of activities for teachers, practitioners, social workers, community leaders, psychologists to be included in training curricula and piloted at workshops.
· Draft agenda and supporting materials for training courses.
· Forecast Budgets for the Department’s activities.
· Create reports from training workshops (including monitoring and evaluation) when required.
· Take Minutes of meetings and Conference Calls.
· Participate in Facilitation and Presentation when required.
· At least 1-2 years’ professional experience in international environments and/or research, and/or working with governments and civil society.
· Experience in Project Management highly desirable.
· Experience in Capacity Building Programs desirable.
· Experience in Countering Violent Extremism, Counter-Terrorism and International Relations desirable.
Degree (Master’s preferred) in International Relations, Conflict Studies, Peace Studies, Terrorism Studies, Cooperation and Development, Social Sciences and/or International Law, or related areas.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Fluent in English; familiarity with Arabic and/or French is a plus;
· Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including governments, policy makers, community leaders and actors, NGOs, practitioners and experts;
· Able to work independently as well as within a team;
· Constructively managing internal and external relationships with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and discretion;
· Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; and
· Willingness to travel, including to medium to high-risk countries.
The recruit shall start as soon as possible in Abu Dhabi and the contract shall initially be for one year, potentially renewable upon mutual agreement.
Send a short cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 23, 2019, with the subject being "Junior Program Associate".