Re-advertised - NPO - Routine Immunization - Open to Indonesian Nationals Only
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: Two years
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The position is placed in the Category 1: to strengthen vaccine preventable disease control including increasing and maintaining immunization coverage for all EPI vaccines, surveillance of vaccine preventable I diseases; to eradicate transmission of wild poliomyelitis; measles elimination rubella /CRS control , introduce new and underutilized vaccine, to transfer technology for the laboratory diagnosis of Vaccine Preventable Diseases and strengthen national regulatory authorities/ BPOM capacity
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent is responsible to carry out the following activities related to immunization to assist national immunization programme and Ministry of Health Indonesia:
- Provide Technical assistance (TA) to strengthen Routine Immunization program at national and sub national level and develop annual coverage improvement plans ( CIP)
- Develop tools and guidelines for EPI microplanning, Defaulter tracking, identification of high risk areas.
- TA for RI session monitoring tools, and monitor and evaluate the EPI program at province and district level to find local strategies for coverage improvement
- Facilitate immunization safety and monitoring, of adverse events following introduction of new
- Develop training materials/ guidelines for Health workers EPI communication to address vaccine hesitancy
- Strengthen Data Quality to improve accuracy of coverage reports
- Provide TA to evaluate and strengthen EVM and cold chain capacity for EPI
- Integration of private sector EPI coverage reporting
- Monitor, implement and evaluate WHO country office for Indonesia work plan in the areas of Routine Immunization
- Maintain good working relations with concerned technical units/departments of Ministry Health and other stakeholders related to immunization, such as ITAGI, BPOM, NIHRD, Medical professional organization, Gavi, UNICEF, CHAI etc.
- Work closely with other categories in WCO Indonesia towards integrated services, MCH, UHC, and systems strengthening; and
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor or WHO Representative REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Essential: A university degree in Medicine
Desirable: Training in the field of epidemiology OR advanced degree in epidemiology/ public health/ control of communicable diseases Experience
Essential: At least two years of professional experience in EPI and vaccine preventable disease control
Desirable: Experience of work in United Nations and/or other international organization. Skills
Essential:Demonstrated knowledge of communicable disease control, epidemiology, and laboratory diagnosis specifically for EPI diseases.Knowledge of clinical and laboratory surveillance Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated willingness and ability to work effectively with national and international colleagues.
Other skills (eg. IT): Proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft office procedure. WHO Competencies
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at IDR 516,743,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.