Chief of Party, Bangladesh
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity focused on using a market systems approach in agriculture. The envisioned activity will utilize a market systems approach to address vulnerabilities across the agricultural sector and work with market actors to facilitate change, drive investment, and foster inclusive growth.
The COP will lead the implementation of the program and serve as the representative of the program in Bangladesh. The COP will bring technical expertise in market systems and agriculture as well as robust management skills to lead a team of experts through the project’s implementation.
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management.
- Manage and supervise work of all international consultants, local project staff and subcontractors.
- Ensure day-to-day technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, the scope of work, budgets, and annual work plans.
- Lead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks that improve the ability of the team to successfully and sustainably achieve the goals in a manner that is consistent with the project’s market-led, facilitation-based, locally-driven, and adaptive management approach.
- Serve as the project’s key liaison with USAID/Bangladesh, headquarters, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information, share learning, secure buy-in, and develop professional relationships.
- Coordinate the development of the project’s evolving theory of change and track progress towards core indicators and learning objectives.
- Actively propose and justify strategic adaptations to maximize the scale and sustainability of the program’s impact and the value of USAID’s investment.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in technical advisory and management of programs targeting market systems development, business enabling environment, agribusiness and SME growth.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, marketing, business administration, agribusiness, or related area.
- Minimum 5 years of Chief of Party or equivalent experience on USAID-funded programs; regional experience highly desired, Bangladesh experience preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively work in complex environments and multicultural societies; positive track record in gender and ethnic inclusion.
- Extensive management experience and strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Fluent English is required
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.