Human Resources Specialist - Tunisia
Length: 4 months
Starting date: 01/11/2019
Closing date for applications: 16/10/2019
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ».
HI is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
From 2014 to mid of 2018, HI’s Libya mission was managed remotely from neighboring Tunisia, where all international staff was based. In 2018 a phased redeployment of international staff was launched with 50% of the international team based in Libya. Since April 2019 however and the outbreak of renewed conflict, all international staff are temporarily based in Tunis. Despite contextual challenges, planning continues for the redeployment of all international staff to Libya during the course of 2019.
As a result of the conflict and political crisis, the collapse of the health services has considerably reduced assistance towards the most vulnerable, in particular persons with disabilities. HI is currently implementing a humanitarian programme from operational bases in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi with the following activities:
• Provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support for persons with disabilities/injuries, distribution of assistive devices as required;
• Capacity building, technical support and donations of assistive devices and/or materials and equipment to health partners (hospitals, rehabilitation centres and local NGOs);
• Training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers;
• Support to the Libyan Mine Action Centre (LibMAC) and other ministries in developing a victim assistance strategy and action plan since 2018.
The post holder will be expected to spend at least 50% of their time in Libya including traveling between operational bases in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi (subject to authorizations), along with other international staff and subject to an enabling security environment. The remaining 50% of the time would be in Tunis working alongside other members of the Coordination team.
Under the responsibility of the Finance & HR Coordinator and in close coordination with the Country Manager and local HR team, the Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the review, revision and deployment of HI’s HR framework and standards in Libya. The post holder will actively coordinate with HR coordinators of other international organisations operating in the country as well as HI Libya’s legal advisor to ensure the endorsement of HI’s HR standards by Libyan authorities.
The main responsibilities of the HR specialist include:
1) HUMAN RESOURCES FRAMEWORK DEVELOPMENT
You ensure HI external positioning at field level in the respect of its mandate and values, of local cultural and local legislation.
• You conduct a review of the existing HR framework and lead the development and application of updated HI HR standards in Libya, with regard to policy, processes and tools;
• You revise the programme’s current National Staff Regulations to ensure compliance with local law and ensure approval by the Libyan Labour Office in coordination with HI’s external Legal Advisor;
• You adapt and contextualize HR standards according to specific local characteristics;
• You lead the field teams to ensure the correct documentation of all human resources activities is distributed, validated, retained and properly filed;
• You ensure capacity building of field based Human Resources staff through formalised training on the HR framework including Staff Regulations.
2) INSTITUTIONAL POLICY SUPPORT
You support the Finance and HR Coordinator in the implementation of institutional policies related to HR.
• You update the situation analysis in terms of policy implementation and propose an action plan for the complete deployment of institutional policies including the Code of Conduct and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy;
• You provide recommendations for required human and financial resources to ensure continuous policy deployment across HI Libya;
• You provide training and support to key personnel on the deployment and evaluation of policy implementation including international and national staff.
Ensure regular reporting on your activities to your line manager upon standard schedule and upon his/her solicitation.
• You provide regular and timely updates on progress made and challenges to your line manager;
• You provide the Finance & HR Coordinator with an end of mission report and/or handover
• document at the end of your contract;
• You participate in a debriefing at HQ at the end of your mission (and if relevant during R&R).
SPECIFICITIES: Possible missions to Tripoli & Misrata, subject to security.
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field i.e. Human Resources Management, Business or Economics Management
• Previous coordination and / or remote management, field management and representation experience (e.g. human resources, business development, administration)
• At least 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian or international contexts, with at least 3 years in human resources management
• Previous experience in the development and implementation of HR frameworks
• Strong team management and capacity building skills
• Strong internal and external coordination, communication and representation skills
• Fluency in oral and written English
• Arabic language skills will be considered an asset
• High level of autonomy and initiative
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision;
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to team work
• Ability to work in a tensed and volatile context with strict security measures
• Based in: Tunis - TUNISIA
• Starting date: November 2019
• Lenght of the contract: 4 months
• Contract: salaried contract from 2757 €/month gross depending on experience
• Per-diem: 352€ net/month in Tunisia
• Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday: 25 days/year
• R&R: 1 day/month + additional days depending on time spent in Libya
• Unaccompanied position
• Shared accomodation fully covered by HI
Only online by sending your CV and a Cover letter via the following link:https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/fr/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=3440&idpar...