Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Nascent Solutions is seeking a qualified M&E Officer to provide M&E technical direction, project management and contribute to business development.
Location: Lilongwe/Blantyre, Malawi
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Travel: Approximately 15% travel for field work
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Program Manager; receives technical input from Nascent’s US-based Director of Monitoring and Evaluation
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for development programs, including hands-on practical experience setting up and managing M&E systems.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to measure the performance and impact of existing programs.
- Develop methodology, tools/protocols, and implement key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Contribute to developing tools for managing and visualizing data.
- Develop and monitor output and outcome indicators.
- Serve on evaluation assignments as technical expert.
- Write evaluation reports in accordance with clients and other donor evaluation policies and standards.
- Oversee and provide guidance to evaluation teams including guidance to the team leader and staff on client relations, evaluation activities, on-the-ground logistics, and budgets/expenses.
- Contribute technical expertise to new business initiatives including proposal development.
- Represent Nascent within professional meetings
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics or other relevant subject with strong quantitative background
- 5+ years of experience in progressively increasing M&E responsibility in international development projects.
- Strong conceptual knowledge about theories of change, logic models, M&E plan, data quality assurance, data utilization, and gender integration into M&E.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and operationalizing routine monitoring system designed to track both output and outcome indicators.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing qualitative studies, in-depth knowledge about qualitative sampling, and experienced in using interview and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and analysis.
- Experience in training on M&E concepts.
- Experienced in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, and data visualization.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in data utilization strategies and can creatively think about active data sharing techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work in physically and mentally challenging conditions.
- Highly self-motivated and autonomous; ability to work with little guidance.
- Eperience supervising and mentoring people of various ability levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural situations.
- Superior teamwork ability.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer- Malawi” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Malawi nationals are highly encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is October 15th, 2019.
About Nascent Solutions**
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a Virginia-based 501(c) (3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, education and skills development, and gender equity.