GAM Program Manager - Ebola Response, DRC
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Grant Acquisition Management (GAM) Program Manager - Ebola Response, DRC, you will play a critical role in funding acquisition and grant management in the most fragile contexts in DRC, including the current Ebola Response. In 2018, World Vision DRC declared a Protracted Emergency Crisis – Sustained Humanitarian Response (SHR). You will be mobilizing a cross-functional team to support grant acquisition and management objectives for the SHR, you will directly contribute to WV DRC reaching more than 5 million children with life-saving relief and development by 2021. You will be able to deliver high-quality project proposals that result in portfolio growth, manage a team to ensure effective grant management, maintain positive relationships with key donors, and travel frequently to support WV DRC’s teams throughout the areas included in the Sustained Humanitarian Response.
- Must be at minimum a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Sciences, Development, Anthropology or other related Social Sciences. Master’s degree in Development or diploma in NGO Management preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as Senior Program Officer with progressive responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of project/logframe design and proposal writing.
- Demonstrable experience working with or submitting proposals to major donors, such as ECHO, USAID, WFP, UNICEF, DFATD IHA.
- Good understanding of World Vision and SPHERE standards, and accountability mechanisms such as HAP, the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Work environment: Office-based. Travel: Up to 40 % local travel is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.