International Human Rights Internship
The Cambodian Center for Human Rights ("CCHR") is a non-aligned, independent, non-government organization that works to promote and protect democracy and respect for human rights – particularly civil and political rights – throughout the Kingdom of Cambodia. CCHR relies on the support of motivated and enthusiastic interns who are interested in the human rights issues that CCHR engages with, and who are keen to gain valuable experience working in this area.
CCHR's international internship program is truly international. We have had interns from a wide variety of countries come and work with us, including: Australia, Botswana, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, the Philippines, Poland, Singapore, Sweden, the UK and the USA. CCHR encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Working under the supervision of international and Cambodian staff, successful applicants will be required to work on various tasks, including the following:
- Conducting extensive desk research, including legal research;
- Drafting CCHR’s publications including briefing notes, reports, factsheets, press releases, media alerts and open letters;
- Producing CCHRs monthly newsletter;
- Assisting with drafting and editing donor reports;
- Editing Khmer-English language translations;
- Occasionally representing CCHR at meetings, press conferences and other events;
- Providing administrative assistance.
Person Specification Successful applicants must:
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in law, development studies, or human rights (exceptional applicants who have completed at least two years of their degree will be considered);
- Have knowledge of international human rights law and mechanisms;
- Have a strong interest in Cambodia and Cambodian politics;
- Be fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking) to a native level;
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Possess strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Be able to volunteer for a minimum of four months; and
- Be able to bring a laptop to use at work for the duration of the internship.
More info can be found in the job description.
Interested candidates should submit their CV (2-pages maximum) and Cover Letter (1-page maximum), detailing their suitability for, and interest in, interning at CCHR to: firstname.lastname@example.org.