Programme and Advocacy Coordinator
The purpose of the Programme and Advocacy Coordinator is to work with the member organisations of the INGO forum in Myanmar to improve coordination and support members to develop a range of advocacy products responsive to membership’s needs. This role is in partnership with the INGO forum and the position is designed to improve the coherence, coordination and effectiveness of Humanitarian and Development assistance in Myanmar. There are two core elements to the position, firstly information sharing and improving coordination efforts and, secondly, to develop clear advocacy communication products, and improving consultative processes of our membership with a variety of key constituencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Finalise INGO Forum Advocacy Strategy, Communication Protocols and Media Guidelines
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC and INGO forum policies, guidance and procedures
- Identify trends, technical standards in order to further NGO practice, responsible for shaping work which has potential major impact on public image of INGOs in Myanmar
- Follow up on key issues relevant to INGO Forum membership, ensure high technical quality and requires ability to analyse and communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- Provide technical direction and support to advocacy focal points
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from advocacy processes and incorporate them into INGO
- Forum member’s development processes
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports as requested
- 3 - 5 years working experience with NGOs, either in a advocacy coordination or operational role.
- Experience within an operational NGO strongly preferred. Although, equivalent experience, including the UN, DPKO missions, diplomatic community, donors, national governments and others is also relevant.
- Solid understanding of the UN system, integrated missions, principled humanitarian assistance
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability in writing briefing papers, advocacy products and other information products.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile. Strong ability to work within and lead a diverse team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and able to multi-task and improvise.
- Excellent computer literacy.
Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Knowledge of the context in Myanmar, highly desirable
Knowledge of relevant legal and policy frameworks, international and domestic
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change Analysis
We can offer
Duty station: Yangon, Myanmar
Contract type: 14 months
Commencement: As soon as possible
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
Grade: 7 - in the NRC grade structure
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location