Program Associate, Nairobi
IDLO is pleased to count Kenya among its Member States, and was honoured to provide assistance to the Committee of Experts in Constitutional Review during the process to design the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and subsequently to the Commission for the Implementation of the Constitution (CIC) in constitutional implementation monitoring and oversight. Currently, IDLO is providing technical support to the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice, the Kenya Law Reform Commission, the Judiciary, the Ministry of Devolution and Planning (MDP), the Council of Governors, the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights, the National Gender Equality Commission (NGEC) and the Ministry of Mining in implementing the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by way of strategic policy development, critical legislative review, expert technical advice, institutional strengthening and capacity building.
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Reporting to the Field Program Manager. the Program Associate works in close collaboration between IDLO’s Offices (Headquarters and Field Locations) and internal support functions to provide administrative and process assistance to program teams to support program delivery.
Summary of Functions:
Provide administrative support to the Program team and ensure process integrity;
Support the coordination of work and information flow between Offices (HQ/Field) and support functions;
Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals.
Key results expected:
- Provide administrative support to the Program team and ensure process integrity, including:
- Support mission preparation including preparation of Travel Request, visa, etc.;
- Assist in the on-boarding of new Programs employees, including preparing background readings;
- Ensure internal IDLO processes are followed; preparation and follow up of Travel and Payment Requests, Purchase Requisitions;
- Draft meetings minutes, including of calls with external donors/partners;
- Organize and maintain master file of program-related data and materials, program record files, technical publications, contracts, etc., available to management when requested;
- Support the implementation of consistent templates and tools across the various programs;
- Assist with translations related to the program.
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between offices (HQ/Field) and support functions (e.g. HR, Office of the General Counsel, Finance, Procurement) focusing on the following:
- Support in processing contracts for Contractors/Consultants;
- Maintain up to date files and alert the supervisor of action needed to be taken;
- Coordinate with HR to ensure that administrative aspects of new hires are processed;
- Provide support to program development, coordinating amongst program teams and support functions;
- Coordinate the transmission of draft and narrative reports between offices/units;
- Initiate the process of obtaining signatures and approvals of documents, drafting and circulating routing slips;
- Assist in the organization of institutional and program events/courses/external visits/presentations, and coordinate with other IDLO interested departments about these.
- Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals, including:
- Concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports, and donor narrative reports;
- Provide input into IDLO publications, communications materials, web content, etc.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and Experience
- University degree in Development, Law, Business or other similar field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience providing process support to projects/programs.
- Experience working in an international context is highly desired.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Swahili are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability and willingness to travel to field locations, if necessary;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The selected candidates will be offered an affiliate contract for 12 months. The monthly basic salary level for this affiliate professional position is in the range of KES 162,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus additional benefits in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
Please kindly apply through the following link, attaching Resume and Cover letter only.