Chief of Party
Creative is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a proposed donor-funded project that seeks to address electoral reform in Liberia. The COP will be based in Monrovia, Liberia and will have overall management responsibility for the project. The project is expected to support the deepening of democracy in Liberia so that elected representatives can increasingly govern in the interest of their constituents by implementing interventions under three integrated strategic approaches: (1) Promoting increased accountable leadership of marginalized groups in the political process; (2) supporting the institutionalization of civic education; and (3) building capacity of the National Elections Committee and Civil Society Organizations to independently manage and oversee all stages of the electoral cycle.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Program Director in the Communities in Transition Division or their designee.
- Strategic direction of the project evaluated regularly and adjusted as needed to best support project stakeholders and achieve project objectives
- Strategic approach interventions conducted in a results-oriented and integrated manner.
- Project team and external stakeholders kept informed and engaged on all aspects of the project at all times.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid re-prioritization of activities when necessary.
- Serve as principal liaison with donor representatives, Liberian government counterparts and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities;
- Provide technical direction and leadership and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Provide technical support to the team in all program areas;
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities;
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that project results are met;
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations;
- Oversee implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues; and
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development and solicit constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least seven (7) years' experience as a chief of party or similar management role;
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of relevant experience working for a government contractor or international NGO; at least five (5) of which should be in a supervisory capacity;
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience working with electoral administration, civil society programming, and community mediation;
- Previous experience working in the region;
- Familiarity and experience working with USAID;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up and close-out;
- Experience with activity design, development, implementation and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working on electoral development assistance:
- Experience working with citizen engagement in political processes, especially as they relate to youth, women, and other marginalized groups;
- Experience developing and rolling out civic education curriculum and producing other civic/voter education materials;
- Experience working with partnership organizations, especially civil society organizations and/or government agencies;
- Experience in developing and deploying monitoring, evaluation, and learning tools; and
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...