Senior Learning Advisor
This position is for an upcoming education project in Bangladesh, which seeks to improve the quality of and access to education in select areas of Bangladesh, equitably and sustainably.
The Senior Learning Advisor provides technical support and guidance to the project’s work in improving learning outcomes of children and youth, in select subjects, including literacy and math outcomes.
The Senior Learning Advisor’s work will be primarily concentrated in the areas of curriculum development, design of quality learning materials, and professional development of teachers.
Reporting & Supervision:
Based in Bangladesh, this position, reports to the Chief of Party. The Senior Learning Advisor will directly supervise 3-5 staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that children and youth in activity-supported schools and communities achieve improved learning outcomes in selected subjects, including literacy and numeracy;
- Provide technical leadership to the project team, USAID, and other stakeholders on high-quality and developmentally appropriate learning interventions, in selected subjects, including curriculum development, teacher professional development, and educational assessments;
- Supervise and provide quality assurance to the production of activity-supported materials, trainings, coaching, and student testing efforts;
- Provide leadership in organizing curation and authoring of classroom learning materials and/or supplemental materials that are leveled and differentiated to meet learning needs;
- Ensures that activities and approaches across geographic areas are complementary and equitable, including underserved populations and those in need of inclusive education;
- Liaises with government representatives and technicians on technical matters;
- Responsible for management, leadership, and mentorship of technical staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in education with a specialty in early learning, literacy and numeracy.
- At least four (4) years of experience in learning and instructional development and support education programs is required.
- At least four (4) additional years of experience improving educational quality in developing countries;South Asia and Bangladesh experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience improving evidence-based education programming including to rural, ethnolinguistic, and underserved populations.
- Prior experience with the development and implementation of evidence-based education materials, and preferably materials in local languages, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA.
- Fluent English; strong oral and written communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Regional experience and demonstrated capacity to implement programs in primary and early grade education in conflict-affected, alternative and rural settings; and
- Proficiency in Bengali.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...