Gender Expert – Pakistan - FATA Land Registration Support Activity
Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is seeking to hire a qualified Gender Expert for an anticipated $10-25 million USAID-funded activity to support a fully digital land record in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan.
The purpose of the activity is to support the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to institute an efficient, transparent and accessible land record. The activity will be implemented in selected Newly Merged Districts in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
A digital land record will help improve land management and local planning, mitigate land disputes, support enabling conditions to access credit and improve the ability of the Government to provide services to its citizens.
We are looking for candidates with expertise in:
· Experienced in gender equity and empowerment issues in Pakistan, particularly the Newly Merged Districts;
· In-depth knowledge of statutory law governing women’s rights to inherit land, customary practices related to inheritance, constraints faced by women to inherit land and property in practice;
· Developing strategies, approaches and communication campaigns to raise awareness and positively shift attitudes about women’s rights to property;
· Providing analytical and programmatic guidance to the project team to promote an equitable impact of all initiatives implemented by the activity;
· Implementing grass-roots activities with local NGOs to promote gender equality.
· More than five (5) years of relevant experience in gender mainstreaming and integration, preferably in the context of land governance;
· Proven track record working effectively in multi- disciplinary teams on development projects and building counterpart capacity, preferably in the Newly Merged Districts;
· Experience facilitating public meetings and coordinating with local governments, legal experts, development actors, the public, and special interest groups to formulate and develop plans for vulnerable populations;
· Fluency in English required, and Pashto language skills strongly preferred;
· University degree in relevant discipline, Master’s degree preferred;
· Ability to travel frequently to Peshawar and throughout the Newly Merged Districts;
· Experience working with USAID or other large international donors.
To be considered applicants must submit a cover letter and CV in reverse chronological format as part of the on-line process. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/GenderExpPakistanFATA
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.