Head of Operations
Human Appeal is a faith-based non-governmental and non-profit organisation that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Operations to join Human Appeal as an HR Manager at the Charity’s Field Office in Erbil, Iraq, paying a competitive salary of $3500- $4500 monthly, which is negotiable depending on the experience of the successful applicant. The role includes selected benefits dependent on experience, as well as an insurance package for expatriates, visa support, and accommodation.
Please note this role is open to Iraqi and non-Iraqi candidates.
· Oversee the running of the support departments: Logistics, Procurement, Administration, IT and Security.
· Lead and coordinate on the planning and implementation of activities by all support departments on the national level.
· Ensure that Human Appeal Iraq’s support departments follow internal policies and procedures and ensure their compliance.
· Understand and implement donor requirements, policies and procedures according to grant agreements related to all the support functions.
· Lead on the development of the missing policies and standard operating procedures for all the support functions.
· Ensure mobilization of relevant support teams and functions in order to implement Human Appeal’s projects (current, new and upcoming) and project extensions in Iraq in line with the grant agreements and agreed upon budgets and activities.
· Coordinate all the teams for the purpose of the completion of all the contractual reports related to procurement, logistics (including asset management, inventory lists, transportation and fleet management) and ensure timely submission to the relevant teams.
· Ensure donor reports for assets are completed and submitted on time to the Finance/Programmes and other departments as appropriate. Oversee the logistics department and its role in asset and stock management, fleet and warehouse management. Ensure that minimum standards are implemented across the national operations in Iraq.
· Update and contextualise Human Appeal’s standards for assets/equipment to be purchased, as required.
· Oversee the Procurement Department in all its roles, including participation and guidance for all Procurement Plans for the respective projects;
· Ensure compliance with relevant national laws and regulations related to fleet management and vehicle operations.
· Ensure that operations of HA Iraq are done in line with the security policy and without endangering any of HA staff, HA beneficiaries or donors due to or during the implementation of the programmatic activities.
· Monitor appropriate sections of the budget(s). Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure reports and give feedback to the budget holders, the CD and other key staff as agreed and as appropriate.
· Review monthly Operations’ reports and provide feedback to all operations staff, Department Managers and other key staff as needed.
· Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed.
· Ensure the appropriate IT policy is in place, the necessary software and hardware is utilized as required to implement the project effectively and efficiently, and liaise with the HQ as necessary.
· Conduct timely rollout of appropriate HQ initiatives and updates.
· Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with local government regulations.
· Provide input towards the budget development and proposal development, as necessary and as requested, to the Programmes Department.
2- Training & outreach:
· Proactively develop the skills of the staff to understand and utilize appropriate tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
· Work with the field staff to identify operational needs and ensure that issues are raised with the CD, Department heads and other relevant staff, as needed, to ensure they are included in new budget development.
· Design and implement capacity building program to strengthen the capacity of Iraq and field-based procurement staff.
· Assist Operations Departments in working with the Programmes staff towards establishing procurement plans.
· Travel, depending on the security situation, to provide technical support to field offices and sub-offices.
· Conduct HA Iraq operational workshops regularly/depending on the program needs.
3- Staff Management:
· Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled;
· Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations and ensure staff is held accountable in accordance with the HR policies.
· Responsible for the successful rollout and maintenance of various tracking logs for HA Iraq.
· Ensure clear delineation of roles for Logistics, Procurement, Security and Admin staff.
· Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
· Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
· Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
· Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed of according to and/or donor regulations.
· Participate in Logistics Cluster meetings and other coordination meetings as appropriate
· Degree or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field.
· At least 5 years progressive management and leadership experience.
· Experience working with at least FOUR of the following donors: USAID, BPRM, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP and EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
· At least 3 years international experience managing large multi-site operations, preferably within an NGO setting.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure and Human Resource management.
· Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain Management.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
· Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative.
· Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
· Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken and Arabic/Kurdish is an advantage.
· Willingness to travel to remote field sites to provide technical support.
If you have all it takes, please share your CV immediately as we will be short listing ASAP. Please be aware that the job vacancies are only available until the job roles are not filled. So for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Click ‘APPLY’ to send through your CV today!
We will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success, please apply TODAY!
You can apply through our Human Appeal website https://www.humanappeal.org.uk/jobs/
NB: Applicants can be Iraqi and non-Iraqi.
We look forward to hearing from you!