National Director – Mali & Mauritania
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director – Mali & Mauritania, you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations. You will strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision's ministry in these national offices. The ND as a leader will contribute to partnership life and unity, by acting as both a local and global representative of the organization. The ND will lead the team to achieve the country's strategy in alignment with Our Promise (www.ourpromise2030.org) for effective operations and participate in and implement directional shifts of the organization, such as the ensuring that Mali- Mauritania program has capacity to execute global strategy particularly the strategic agenda for fragile contexts.
- Master’s degree in development studies, management or social sciences or equivalent with 10 years’ experience in country level program management.
- At least 5 years’ experience overseeing a large Government grant, its acquisition and donor engagement.
- Sponsorship and Humanitarian experience preferred.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French. Arabic is a plus.
- Work experience in West Africa or the Middle East preferred.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 24 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.