A HEALTH AND NUTRITION ANALYST - SIERRA LEONE
Action Against Hunger has been working in Sierra Leone since 1991 with the purpose to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people, at first during the emergencies and then in a more development setting, until the 2014 Ebola outbreak and the emergency it generated in the country. AAH interventions in Sierra Leone aimed at improving the nutrition security of the population, with a particular focus on children under-five and pregnant and lactating women. AAH aims at doing so by implementing multi-sectoral programs, which encompass direct nutrition intervention and prevention activities to address the underlining causes of undernutrition, i.e. poor health, food insecurity, poor care practices, and poor access to water and sanitation. AAH has also an integrated advocacy strategy in the mission that cut across all the sectors.
Length of contract: 12 months – Starting date the 1st of November 2019
The position:** Under the direct supervision of the deputy country director program you will be responsible for the health and nutrition studies and provide technical guidance to the program quality management.
More precisely, you will :
· Define, design and lead the study/ies result for the health and nutrition program
. Refinement of the study questions in consultations with the in-country stakeholders
. Train the project staff and partners
. Supervise the data collection, data management and analysis of the additional data collections
Study outcome information sharing and dissemination
· Contribute to the program monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability with technical guidance in defining the project indicators progress and inform the quality implementation of the intervention
. Involve the key stakeholders in the study process
. Participate in the key technical working groups – Adolescent health, maternal and child health
· Provide technical guidance on the quality of the program management, including staff capacity development, review and contributes to the project assessments-baseline, midterm, and end line.
. Review and contribute to the project assessments – baseline, midterm, end line, and final evaluation
. Review and guide on the implementation of the assessment recommendations
. Develop jointly with the program team a revised action plan to improve specific interventions benefitting from the studies outcomes.
· Document the learning process of the study
The applicant: You hold a Master’s degree in Public Health, Masters in Nutrition and Dietetics or related field, you have more than 3 years professional experience in implementing health and/or nutrition projects in a humanitarian or development context. You have demonstrated experience in operational research, MEAL experience in health and nutrition. You have got very good analytical skills, and able to do multi-tasking and prioritize.
You are rigorous and able to work independently. Your ability to work with /through local partners is recognized.
Manager’s word: This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work with a team of national/international staff and partner organizations. The mission has an integrated nutrition-sensitive program through health and nutrition, food security and livelihood, WASH and advocacy programming strategy. There is a lot to learn and contribute to the dynamic approaches in the humanitarian and development context of Sierra Leone while benefiting from the wider Action Against Hunger global expertise in the different sectors.
Status:** Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Salary and profits:
- Monthly gross salary from €1600 to €1975 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 521 € net - paid in the field
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for a non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage:100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (every 8 weeks).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge ©.
Join us on Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/1334237/