Strategic Business Development Specialist, Sudan
As Strategic Business Development Specialist II, aligned with the Vision 2030 Strategy, you will lead positioning, capture planning, country program visibility, marketing and communication, and leveraging results with institutional donors (government and inter-governmental, as well as foundation, corporations, and others) in support of CRS' engagement with institutional donors, agency strategy, and initiatives in international development to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will also lead the production of high-quality applications for funding for large opportunities for the country program. Your knowledge and skills will allow you to provide specialized leadership in all dimensions of the BD cycle to cross-disciplines and cross-functional teams.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in international development, international relations, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum five years of international development experience, with at least three years' experience in a developing country.
* Demonstrated experience utilizing diverse, proactive strategies to competitively position his/her organization for new funding and productive institutional relationships.
* Comprehensive familiarity with a broad range of institutional donor funding priorities, as well as technical and cost requirements.
* Proven experience in donor mapping, intelligence gathering, and knowledge of donor and government trends particularly in Sudan and East Africa.
* Proven experience in capture planning, leveraging results, and donor marketing and communication to improve market position and competitiveness.
* Exceptional writer with expert command of English grammar and AP style.
* Demonstrated experience leading and producing competitive proposals in programming contexts similar to CRS.
* Experience with US Government, EU, DFID, WFP, and SHF funding mechanisms highly desirable.
* Familiarity with relevant institutional donor regulations, policies, procedures and priorities.
* Demonstrated experience managing teams and processes, leading teams to produce deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
* Knowledge of CRS programs, justice agenda and Catholic Social Teaching principles a plus.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
Travel Required: up to 30% in country.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS' processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.