Senior Procurement Analyst
Under the overall direction of the Sr. Procurement Officer, the Senior Procurement Analyst is responsible for supporting procurement activities in assigned countries with the purchasing of goods and commercial services in accordance with donor regulations and MSH policies through competitive solicitations, and for the purchasing of goods and commercial services not delegated to the assigned countries. The Senior Procurement Analyst is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
Procurement of Goods and Commercial Services in Compliance with MSH Procurement Policy, Purchasing Procedures, and Donor Regulations (60%)
The actions below will mainly take place with MSH purchasing system, Costpoint.
- Receive Purchase Requests and create Purchase Orders, track status of procurement actions, and provide on-going feedback to project and office staff on next steps. Continue tracking throughout the process, up to and including delivery of goods to final destination.
- Prepare documents such as Request for Quotations (RFQs) and complete
terms and conditions, email RFQs to vendors, track receipt of quotes/proposals, analyze quotes/proposals, select vendors, develop purchase orders/contracts, and ensure written approval is received from the donor when required prior to making a purchase.
- Develop and issue Request for Proposals (RFPs) and maintain resulting contracts, as delegated by the Procurement Officer.
- Utilize his/her MSH credit card to make appropriate simplified acquisition purchases as needed for assigned countries and process reconciliations.
- Ensure regular Clearance Verifications are obtained on all active vendors.
- Process invoices (reconcile with purchase order, packing slip, and confirmation of receipt) for all purchases made for assigned countries. Forward invoices to the Accounting Office for payment.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal Import/Export regulations, Federal Acquisition
Regulations, and MSH’s compliance with the regulations.
- Ensure proper documentation is maintained for procurement functions.
Procurement of Restricted Commodities (10%)
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement of restricted commodities in assigned countries and home office.
System Administration & Training (30%)
- Maintain system configuration and identify improvements.
- Develop training materials and provide training in MSH procurement policies and procedures to MSH HQ staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3-5 years' experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in administration of complicated processes.
- Good writing and communication skills, and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in automated purchasing systems, specifically Costpoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge of donor procurement regulations, including FAR and AIDAR.
- French language skills preferred.
- Keyboard use.
- International travel may be required.