Grants and Contracts Specialist
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Grants & Contracts (GRACON) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Agreement Management department contributes to realizing this purpose by: • Supporting Pact’s vision and mission by providing innovative solutions within a compliance-oriented perspective. • Providing timely and accurate risk mitigation-focused support to the organization, with a special emphasis on successful program implementation throughout the business lifecycle for every activity, from pre-positioning, proposal development, prime award negotiation, and implementation through closeout. • Building internal capacity and champion effective knowledge management within our global community of grants and contracts practitioners.
The Grants & Contracts (G&C) Specialist is responsible for tasks related to efficiently and effectively administering prime awards and subawards from diverse funders, including the federal government, foreign governments, and private donors. Administrative support is expected throughout the entire award life cycle (pre-award – closeout), focusing on regulatory compliance, assessment and mitigation of business risks, and enforcement of Pact’s policies and procedures. The G&C Specialist will serve as a technical resource to various Pact staff and liaise between senior Agreement Management personnel and other departments to communicate compliance-related matters and interpretation of funder requirements. In addition to assisting with prime award administration, the Grants & Contracts Specialist will also liaise with various teams within Pact on subgrant and procurement technical and compliance support. S/he will work closely with senior staff on a cross-functional basis within the regional portfolios.
The Grants and Contracts Specialist reports to Senior Grants and Contracts Staff as designated by the Director of Agreement Management
- Review teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other similar arrangements with partners based on approved templates
- Provide support on the due diligence process of potential funders.
- Prepare certain regulatory-specific components of proposals, such as representations and certifications.
Prime Award Negotiation and Project Implementation:
- Manage prime award records including the setting of new awards in Pact’s Award Management System, assigning project numbers, performing initial award entry and modifications thereto in financial system, issuing notifications of awards and modifications, and collecting and maintaining official documentation for files along the life of the awards.
- Conduct initial review of prime awards in close collaboration with the Agreement Management Officer.
- Provide award start-up support including preparing documentation for new award orientations.
- Draft routine funder correspondence, such as prior approval requests in close collaboration with the Agreement Management Officer.
- Support closeout of prime awards.
- Review and approve subawards and procurements submitted by project teams in close collaboration with the Agreement Management Officers.
- Manage subaward records through monitoring country office sub award entry and modifications in Pact’s subaward management system and help troubleshoot any issues.
- Maintain electronic and hard copies of agreement templates, files, administrative actions, and related correspondence on the Intranet and for Agreement Management recordkeeping.
- Ensure timely FFATA and other compliance reports/submissions through organizing and managing the reporting process, certifications, etc.
- Assist with training staff, including country offices teams, on the use of subaward management systems.
- Support closeout of subawards, including preparation of notices, instructions, and releases
- Maintaining the registration accounts for Pact and update passwords.
Other Departmental Support:
- Contribute to revisions and development of templates, manuals, policies and procedures.
- Maintain Agreement Management resources on Pact’s intranet ‘Mosaic’
- Contribute to periodic regulatory or other guidance/ briefing materials or presentations.
- Provide training/presentations on Agreement Management systems to staff, including remote training to country offices.
- Support and participate in Pact’s Grants Management Community of Practice and other mechanisms for knowledge sharing.
- Maintain and administer organization’s reporting in government databases.
- Prepare status or other reports as requested.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of experience or Masters with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience supporting U.S. government grants, cooperative agreements, and/or contracts
- Experience with subaward administration
- Working knowledge of U.S. regulations and requirements applicable to development assistance and acquisition
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and team building skills
- Ability to work independently or in teams
- Compliance with policy and procedures and ability to promote compliance
- Strong planning and time management skills, ability to handle high-volume, fast-paced work environment and ability to multi-task with ease
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Solid research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution / problem-solving skills
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Good judgment
- Good understanding of budgets
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems, including Microsoft Professional, CRM databases, sub-award management or document management systems
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a high profile,
- fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively
- Ability to work under pressure of work and deliver effectively
· Experience working in multicultural work-environment and decentralized field-driven organization
· Periodic ability to travel
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1296/grants-and-contracts-speci...