Medic Mobile designs, delivers and supports world-class software for health workers who provide care in the hardest-to-reach communities. Our software is free, open-source, and deployed at scale in the last mile of healthcare. Evidence-based workflows come together in the software to support health workers and families, helping to ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks, treat illnesses at the doorstep, communicate about emergencies, and more. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is secured as a human right.
The Community Health Toolkit now supports more health workers than ever before, with a total of 26,208 health workers using the tools by end of Q2 of 2019. Medic Mobile and its partners equipped 1,139 new health workers in Q2 of 2019 alone and delivered updated tools to 524 existing health workers. In this current phase of growth, we are scaling through large partnerships with Ministries of Health and Model Building Partners, while also leveraging the Open-Source Community Health Toolkit to spur renewed engagement with implementers and technical partners within the community health space. We aim to support health workers serving 100 million people between 2017 and 2021.
Our global team supports more than 60 partners across 23 countries, with offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, and Kathmandu. Medic Mobile brings a wide range of experience and creative solutions to complex problems, building and delivering technology that works for people who have been marginalized. We are searching for a Project Manager to contribute to our team, mission, and impact.
This is a unique opportunity to make a contribution to Medic Mobile strategic mission of delivering impact through mHealth to the hard to reach populations through direct partnerships with health organizations and Ministries of Health. The Project Manager role is critical in ensuring that delivery and impact are achieved. This role will work collaboratively with other operations and global teams. This role will report to Deployment Manager based in Nairobi. The Project Manager will be based in Dakar, Senegal with frequent travel (60%) to project sites and the regional office located in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Stakeholder engagement: Support in project stakeholders mapping, defining their role(s)/impact to project, building and maintaining strategic and professional relationships that facilitate business continuity to achieve sustainability, scale, reach and impact
- Reporting and documentation: Support define project technical documentation including scope of work, work plans, budgets and reports for both internal & external stakeholders.
- Planning and managing project resources: Proactively manage project resources (human and financial), deliverables, risks and uncertainties and devise contingency/ mitigation measures/plans.
- Monitor project progress: Continuously monitor project progress based on defined success indicators which includes internal (includes but not limited to Designers, Technical Team, Partnership development, Operations) and external (other project stakeholders such as partner organization's, communities, Ministries of Health etc) stakeholders tasks and outputs to inform need for adjustments.
- Risk management: Lead in risk mapping, analysis, communication as well as designing and implementing mitigation plans.
- Coordination: Coordinate and facilitate, jointly with internal and/ or external stakeholders project activities that may or may not include field visits as defined in the work plan.
- Quality Assurance: Through established process and frameworks, lead in evaluating quality of outputs including technical requirements documentation, reports, developed toolkit (web, mobile application and dashboards)
- Process review: Support in business process review, development based on learnings to enhance efficiency and turnaround time.
- Capacity building: Lead in training cycle management for end users of the developed software.
- BA/BS degree in public health, project management, public policy, social sciences, computer science, IT or related field.
- 3 years of relevant work experience experience in project management, research or analytical work in social impact project. .
- Proven experience in managing, coordinating and leading projects with cross-functional teams located around the globe.
- Experience working with marginalized communities in any social impact programmes
- Willingness to travel to project implementation geographies in Africa up to 60% of the time.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and French
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Conflict resolution experience
- Team player
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and manage timeline pressure
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment