Responsable régional IeDA – Dakar, Sénégal
Position Start Date: 01.11.2019
Duration: 12 months
Location: Dakar - Senegal
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Terre des hommes has been taking a leading role in digital health in West Africa.
Terre des hommes’ Integrated eDiagnostic Approach (IeDA) is one of largest digital health solution in Sub-Saharan Africa. All technologies used in IeDA were designed following two core principles: user-centered approach and ability to scale. Today the project reached a stage of development for international scale-up.
IeDA indeed rapidly extended both geographically and thematically. Geographically, IeDA is being implemented in 40% of the PHCs in Burkina Faso, will cover 60% of the PHCs by 2020 and a handover process to the MoH has started in January 2019. In Mali, IeDA is active in 40 PHCs and shows great potential to expand. In Niger, IeDA is part of a multi sector digital initiative proof of concept phase with UN agencies.
Thematically, IeDA started with the WHO Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI) but expanded namely to Ante Natal Care, maternity, epidemiological surveillance, civil registration and integration of Point-of-Care tests. IeDA benefits from most promising partnerships, namely on advanced innovations like Artificial Intelligence and big data.
The IeDA Regional Manager will ensure the regional impact of Terre des hommes’ digital health projects in Africa. As a representative of the Foundation, the manager will be responsible for managing and carrying out a set of activities within the operational, financial, administrative and strategic fields related to the project, as well as the corresponding technical support.
As part of the Health program, the IeDA Regional Manager will report to the Regional Health Manager for Africa and have functional links with the national IeDA project managers.
- Lead the expansion of the project, by coordinating the development and implementation of IeDA across several target countries in Africa;
- Contribute to fundraising by strengthening existing financial partnerships, searching for new opportunities, and support regional and national levels in grant writing;
- Represent IeDA internally and externally at regional conferences and other international venues;
- Validate national IeDA strategies, in strong collaboration with Health regional manager and the national IeDA project managers;
- Coordinate work with internal and external stakeholders, and nurture the consortium and partnerships at regional as well as national levels;
- Ensure streamlining of data collection, timely analysis and harmonized approaches, as well as the technical development and maintenance of the related platforms;
- Lead the design and implementation of an M&E system, ensuring an efficient and effective operation – including key performance indicators, data collection and data analysis;
- Ensure quality of data and reporting: oversee the correct flow of operational and strategic information, including institutional reporting in collaboration with the Health Program Manager;
- Mobilize and coordinate consultants, participate in their recruitment, following the needs of the project expansion;
- Maintain high level visibility through efficient communication, and ensure information updates on a regular basis, contribute to the advocacy efforts;
- Coordinate exploratory analysis and capitalization, in line with the health program strategies;
- Undertake duty travel related to project assessment and implementation, liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new project development as required (20% of time);
- Support IeDA national managers regarding reporting activities.
- University degree (Masters level or above) in business administration, development studies or public health (asset);
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in a similar field;
- Good knowledge of Western Africa and of e-Health field in the region;
- Working experience in West Africa is a plus;
- Awareness of ICT4D trends and technologies;
- Proven experience with platforms for data collection and diagnostic support (preferably CommCare);
- Excellent project management skills, including scale-up to international levels;
- Adaptability to cultural differences and collaborative attitude;
- Reliability and autonomy, with strong decision making, problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Excellent written competence and oral fluency in French and English (C1).
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
Expatriate contract under Swiss labor code 3’800 CHF (~3’300 €) < > 5’200 CHF (~4’500 €) net /month according to experience x 13.
Holidays: 25 days per year. Local accommodation and transportation, health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 12 months, extension depending on funding.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge? For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JADsCynX?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.