Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Summary: The Recruiter/HR Generalist is responsible for full life cycle recruiting, developing and executing a broad-based sourcing strategy, ultimately delivering a viable talent pipeline for Pathfinder roles. Provide day-to-day support directly to employees and partnering with other HR team members to deliver excellent HR services to the organization. This includes recruiting for US-based and region positions, responding to employee questions and concerns, resolving issues, HR Systems, providing HR reporting and basic analytics as needed, and general administrative support.
Key Job Outcomes:
* Assessing and Validating Hiring Needs. Assesses and validates Pathfinder’s hiring needs by working with hiring managers to develop job descriptions and job profiles outlining job requirements and success factors. Develops and executes recruiting strategies for each job profile.
* Job Postings and Candidate Tracking: Launches electronic requisitions for open positions; posts position openings to Pathfinder employment webpage as well as external websites. Ensures postings are current and up-to-date. Follows recruiting process and tracks job candidates using Pathfinder’s applicant tracking system. Maintains accurate and well-ordered documentation on all applicant flow, sourcing practices, and other recruiting activities to minimize exposure to liability and ensure a thorough and positive audit if required.
* Candidate Sourcing. Employs a variety of standard and specialized sourcing techniques to identify a high quality, diverse candidate pool in an efficient, cost effective manner (i.e. online investigating, database and ATS searches, cold calling, user groups, referrals, networking, and the like.). Proactively builds Pathfinder’s talent pipeline by identifying, screening, interviewing and assessing candidates for open positions.
* Interviewing and Selecting Candidates. Assists hiring managers in evaluating applicant qualifications and selecting the most qualified candidates. Makes employment recommendations based on information obtained through interviews, reference checks and assessment tools. Screens and presents qualified candidates for interviews. Initiates and ensures background check, drug testing, and any immigration processing requirements are satisfactorily completed when necessary.
* Interview Coordination. Coaches interview team members on developing job-specific behavioral and competency-based interview questions as well as interviewing and candidate assessment techniques. Organizes, leads and documents post-interview debrief with interview teams.
* Selecting Candidates: Works with HR Manager and Hiring Managers to develop and extend offers of employment to selected candidates within the guidelines of Pathfinder’s compensation policy. Negotiates proposal candidate salaries.
* New Hire Orientation and Onboarding: Assists in orientation sessions for new employees.
* Research, Benchmarking and Analysis: Participates in drafting and/or editing job descriptions, job evaluation and salary benchmarking data for all positions.
* Coordination of Compensation and Benefits Programs: Partners with HR team members to administer domestic and, if needed, international open enrollments. Lends administrative support to Talent Management during the annual performance appraisal and merit process.
* Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
* HR Initiatives: Supports the development and implementation of HR Initiatives, strategies, programs and processes to ensure alignment across all offices.
Required Key Competencies:
* Life-Cycle Recruiting Process, Procedures and Tools: Advanced skills in hiring high-quality individuals utilizing a full life-cycle recruiting process including: developing recruitment strategies; creatively sourcing candidates; pre-screening, interviewing and assessing candidates; and negotiating and finalizing job offers.
* Sourcing Methods: Proven ability utilizing various sourcing alternatives and proactive recruiting tools and methodologies (search engines, social networks, cold calling, corporate websites, general job boards, professional associations, trade journal/newspaper advertising, outplacement firms, college postings, alumni organizations, job fairs, and employee referrals) to build candidate pipelines.
* Applicant Tracking System. Proven ability with applicant tracking systems
* Interviewing: Advanced interviewing skills using electronic media and in person
* Employee Life Cycle from Recruitment through Separation: Foundational to Advanced knowledge of systems, processes and procedures specific to attracting, interviewing, selecting, onboarding, developing and separating employees.
* Human Resources Information System: Foundational knowledge of the system components, and in particular recruiting systems.
* Research and Analysis: Foundational skills in data research and analyses.
* Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
* Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
* Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
* Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels..
* Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. In-depth demonstrated customer service skills.
* Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
* Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
* Global and Cultural Effectiveness: Ability to communicate, collaborate with diverse stakeholders and achieve operational outcomes.
* Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
* Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
Required Education, Training and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field; or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required competencies
* 3+ years related HR and recruiting experience
* Prefer: 2 years’ in full cycle recruiting
* Prefer: Experience in a global organization
* Prefer: Experience in non-profit organizations
* Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 lbs; ability to travel between US offices, possible international travel.
* Travel (10% or less)
* Cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.