Founded in 2012, The Syria Justice and Accountability Centre (SJAC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting meaningful justice for Syria that holds perpetrators accountable and addresses the grievances of victims, leading to lasting peace and respect for human rights.
In the fall of 2019, SJAC will be arranging two trainings for Syrian humanitarian workers regarding technical skills in documentation. As part of this training, SJAC is seeking a psychosocial support consultant to design and implement two two to three-day trainings/group therapy sessions to help participants learn strategies to deal with the potentially traumatic nature of their work. Each training will have approximately 25 trainees. Successful consultants will have the option of signing a longer contract in order to provide quarterly trainings for the next 18 months.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- BA or advanced degree in psychology, therapy, or related field.
- Experience working with victims of trauma, including survivors of violent conflict, and helping to build resiliency to secondary trauma.
- Experience working with human rights or humanitarian workers.
- Experience designing and implementing short term trainings.
- Native fluency in written and spoken Arabic.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com