Senior Program Specialist, East & West Africa
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The individual selected for this position will perform the responsibilities of a Senior Program Specialist for the East/West Africa region. S/he will learn Pact’s program and knowledge management systems and will interact daily with colleagues in country offices and DC-based departments. S/he will work closely with the Program Manager or his/her delegate in a team approach and will be asked to perform discrete tasks, in addition to taking on progressive responsibility over direct support to a portfolio of projects. The SPS reports to the Program Manager or his/her delegate
- Providing operational and administrative support to projects as needed; coordinating timely and comprehensive responses to country teams’ requests and needs
- Assisting country office staff in the development of project reports, work plans, and other project contractual obligations, and ensure timely submission and quality of content
- Maintaining full knowledge of the project status, operations and working environment in order to proactively facilitate country project operations
- Tracking monthly financial reports and project spending pace in cooperation with country offices
- Coordinating preparation of project-related consultant agreements and tracking related payment
- Working with and supporting country offices to ensure project compliance with donor and Pact’s operational policies and regulations
- Helping to coordinating startup process for new country offices and close-outs for countries were operations are ending
- Coordinating regular project calls and ensuring timely follow up on action items
- Assist preparing for regular Program Review meetings as requested
- Tracking business development opportunities and contributing to proposal development efforts in cooperation with Opportunity Development
- Cooperating with the Program Advancement team to ensure sound technical quality of programs
- Ensuring project intellectual capital is properly captured, filed and disseminated;
- Participating in the recruitment of staff as required
- Participating in Program Delivery team-wide meetings and initiatives
- Traveling to country offices to provide support as needed
- Provides support to other programs and departments as needed and approved by supervisor.
- BA and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience (or equivalent), including in international development, project management, public health, livelihoods, natural resource management, governance, and/or capacity development
- Ability to travel regularly and at short-notice
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and cross cultural skills. Fluency in written and spoken English
- MA in a related field
- At least 2 years of project management experience in international development
- Experience working in a developing country
- Fluency in at least one other relevant language
- Experience supporting international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded agreements
- Strong skills in management and coordination of multiple activities and teams. Able to multi-task
- Highly self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1288/senior-program-specialist%...