Psychosocial Support Supervisor
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Advancement (PADV) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The (Integrated) Program Advancement team contributes to this by: Delivering on our promise to global quality and impact via integrated programs; Growing & diversifying our global portfolio integrating the private, public and social sectors; Promoting our work globally to influence the private, public and social sectors.
The Psychosocial Support Supervisor will oversee the development and implementation of effective PSS services in the project, ensuring that these services respond to the needs of the intended beneficiaries and project objectives.
- Identify and develop appropriately supervised approaches for providing PSS services to project beneficiaries, including those who are HIV-positive or living in HIV-affected households, including by professional and lay service providers, and including through referral or direct service delivery through project implementing partners.
- Adapt best practices in the provision of PSS services to HIV-infected and HIV-affected individuals to meet the particular context of the OVC program’s target population.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building in line with identified needs for the provision of high quality PSS services.
- Monitor, evaluate and refine PSS services provided or facilitated through the project to ensure they are meeting the needs of project beneficiaries and in line with project objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with implementing partners, government agencies, service providers, and other stakeholders to ensure the achievement of the project’s PSS objectives and targets.
- Participate in the assessment, strengthening, and monitoring of technical capacities of local partners related to PSS.
- Participate in the development of project work plans, reports, success stories, or other products.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Advanced degree in clinical psychology or social work, or other social science or field of study related to the program scope of work required.
- At least five (5) years of experience with community-based programs focused on the PSS needs of children, adolescents, and underserved populations, including those affected by HIV.
- Familiarity with the health context and structural issues in the Dominican Republic among TPI.
- Fluency in Spanish.
· Fluency in Creole.
· Experience implementing USAID and/or PEPFAR-funded health programming.
· Prior experience working with TPI.
· Local candidates preferred.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1283/psychosocial-support-super...