ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Brand Strategist will lead One Acre Fund’s efforts to build our brand and maintain the positive reputation that allows us to achieve our goals for farmers. This is not a traditional marketing role, focused on selling a product. This is a unique opportunity to position a fast-growing organization in six diverse markets across Africa. You’ll define what makes us unique and communicate it to the world.
It’s an ideal role for someone who loves drawing insights from data and using them to direct world-class creative. You’ll work closely with our in-house teams (digital, media, creative, and culture) to develop audience insights, craft key messages, and design integrated marketing campaigns. You’ll advise senior leaders and deliver data showing that our brand reputation supports our core business objectives.
You’ll inspire a generation of talented professionals to build a career in agriculture, which is at the heart of national development. As we scale, we’re hiring hundreds of critical roles each year, with a particular focus on African professionals at all levels and senior leaders who will shape our next phase of growth.
- Advise senior leaders and the recruitment team on shaping our employee value proposition
- Lead market research projects to generate and apply insights on potential applicants
- Design data-driven campaigns to build awareness, capture leads, and convert job applications
- Work with culture and internal communications team to activate employees as brand advocates
You’ll ensure brand consistency across a multinational organization. As we grow, we get more complex: we’re expanding our services for farmers, piloting new business, and entering new regions. You’ll shape a clear external narrative around what we do, and champion its consistent use across the organization.
- Develop strategies to establish One Acre Fund as a thought leader on topics of national interest
- Create data-backed briefs for the creative and media teams on content marketing campaigns
- Advise field teams on positioning new products for farmers or launching business sub-brands
- Manage global digital channels (website, social, emails) and advise on country-specific channels
Digital Distribution and Analytics
You’ll design sophisticated distribution and measurement strategies that put us at the forefront of digital in East Africa. Our audiences are increasingly online, but digital access and preferences vary by country. Working with a direct report and vendors, you’ll design digital outreach strategies for each market.
- Develop strategies for digital distribution in each market across paid, owned, and earned media
- Define goals for digital campaigns and provide hands-on guidance to direct report for analysis
- Propose budget and scope for partnerships with vendors (ads, search, website) and digital tools
- Report regularly on key brand performance indicators and marketing ROI to senior leadership
You’re a strong manager and team player. You’ll report to the Global Communications Director, manage one direct report executing digital marketing, and lead productive collaboration with colleagues handling media, writing, design, photo/video, culture and internal communications.
- Manage one direct report who executes digital marketing and coordinates external vendors
- Mentor staff on partner teams (recruitment, fundraising, field operations) on marketing
- Contribute to the Communications team’s development, culture and performance
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional communicator with at least 7 years of brand management or marketing experience. The ideal candidate will enjoy both big-picture strategy and hands-on execution with a cross-functional team. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Minimum 7 years of brand management or marketing experience
- Substantial experience shaping a brand and quantifying the results to executive leaders
- Demonstrated ability to use data insights to shape strategy, creative briefs, and content
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to define persuasive core messages
- Familiarity with website, search, email, digital ads, and social media best practices
- Strong detail orientation and an ability to manage complex projects with creative teams
- Management experience is preferred, but not required
- Prior experience leading brand or marketing efforts for a cause-driven organization preferred
PREFERRED START DATE
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; must have existing rights to work in Kenya. East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/884f39611